PDA

View Full Version : 28 east on spiderbox and disecq.

chippy
26-07-2011, 06:47 PM
could somebody advise me please regarding how easy and how to go about installing a disecq switch to a spiderbox. at the moment i have a motorised dish 1m connected to a spiderbox 900 and i wish to use the box to its full potential. to do this i need to be able to pick up 28 east, but due to a chimney stack this cant be done. moving the dish is not an option either. i have a fixed dish on 28 east and i was wondering if i can utilise this with a disecq switch. any advice would be appreciated.

echelon
26-07-2011, 06:50 PM
use an A-B manual switch , and have feed A to the motor and feed B to the 28e lnb

then switch A or B as required

chippy
26-07-2011, 07:33 PM
thank you echlon (as ever m8) for your reply. is their a way that this can be done via a remote control without having to get out of my chair.lol. and is the manual switch easy enough for a novice to fit. thanks again chippy.

echelon
26-07-2011, 07:45 PM
thank you echlon (as ever m8) for your reply. is their a way that this can be done via a remote control without having to get out of my chair.lol. and is the manual switch easy enough for a novice to fit. thanks again chippy.

there have been methods discussed already on this forum regaring the use of a diseqc switch instead of the A-B manual switch

the A-B manual switch means you would have to get your BIG fat a*s* out of the chair and physically switch it to A or B as required , and then have to manhandle yourself back into your chair
( reminds me of jim royle ) ;)

the A-B switch is extremely easy to fit , one cable goes to the box using f connectors , and the motor and lnb cables go to A or B inputs as required

the diseqc method is probably more complicated

chippy
26-07-2011, 07:51 PM
gonna go for the fat arse option lol cheers.

^^COMPASS^^
26-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Here is a post by William-1 that you may find useful

Setting up a Motor + a fixed dish on a Spiderbox HD
I have used this Q&A as a sticky for other members to follow thanks to gmcmen for the original reply.

Q:
Setting spiderbox 9000 with diseqc switch
My setup includes a motor which moves from 33 east to 30 west (hispasat) and a static dish which is pointing at Hellasat (36east I think). I have a diseqc switch which I am hoping to connect the motor on port 1 and the static dish on port 2. I am also using USALS to drive the motor.

How do I set this up on a spiderbox? Do I have to set the option for each satellite on the motor to be on port 1 of the diseqc switch (if there is such option) and just the one satellite on port 2?

A:
Reply from gmcmen
Yes you are correct, go to
Menu
Installation
Satellite Search
select each satellite and below select its DisEqC port
all on motor should have the same port number (1 in your case) and the fixed on 2.

Quote:
Yes you are correct, go to
Menu
Installation
Satellite Search
select each satellite and below select its DisEqC port
all on motor should have the same port number (1 in your case) and the fixed on 2.
Many thanks. It works great!

Thanks to gmcmen

maurice
26-07-2011, 08:42 PM
@chippy, why don't you cut the cables long enough to go via you chair and have the switch with you!!!!!!!!!!!

chippy
26-07-2011, 09:03 PM
maurice i think i will move the chair closer to the tv.

welshpaddy
26-07-2011, 09:58 PM
there are remote control a-b switches on the market about £30

mediaman
27-07-2011, 12:27 AM
could somebody advise me please regarding how easy and how to go about installing a disecq switch to a spiderbox. at the moment i have a motorised dish 1m connected to a spiderbox 900 and i wish to use the box to its full potential. to do this i need to be able to pick up 28 east, but due to a chimney stack this cant be done. moving the dish is not an option either. i have a fixed dish on 28 east and i was wondering if i can utilise this with a disecq switch. any advice would be appreciated.

I have the same setup and use a disecq switch that is positioned just behind the dish, saves on cable and no manual switching required, just setup on the receiver so 28E uses the 2nd input from the fixed dish :-) Oh and the switch only cost about £4 from the well known auction site!