PDA

View Full Version : South Africa / Multichoice / Irdeto2 Card

hotjoburger
28-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Hi, can anybody help please ?? I am paying for DSTV in South Africa , but cannot play the Card in a Receiver that I brought from Germany , is that normal for South Africa ? Can Card ONLY be played in DSTV Decoder ? It seems like that ! Or is there something I can do to play the Subscribed Card in that Receiver , FERGUSON ARIVA 220 COMBO . PLEASE can somebody help me ? I am VERY VERY new to this ...............WOLF

passete
28-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Maybe you should check if there is a Forum (not official) for this receiver (with google) !
Then you will see if this Receiver can Read your Card (i guess a Irdeto card, since you posted on irdeto section).
And if the card is irdeto, you need extra info to read the card, like camkey & others ...

snakie
28-07-2011, 05:05 PM
MCSA cards are paired ;)
So no you cant use the card in that receiver

passete
28-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Hehehhehe.....
Bad news M8

The end is coming faster then expected ...

hotjoburger
29-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Ok, Thanks Guys , now I know I can give up......yes its an Irdeto Card , and the best of all , I am payinf for it , and cannot even use my OWN Receiver and it looks like MULTICHOICE has a Monopoly in South Africa to rip people off ....... its a pity that even Gov is supporting them , typical Africa !! But what would you expect from a corrupt Gov like SA ........In Europe those kind of practises are not allowed , so , come to SA , here you can do what you want , and NOBODY supports the Customer . THANKS GUYS for your Time to respond !!