PDA

View Full Version : s4000 boot loader update?

JaapS
29-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Hello,

Just noticed the new 1.09.28 firmware but there is a
--> Pls. update Bootloader version (L1.54) ! in the README.
Since my last upgrade didn't went that smooth I was wondering if I have to update the boot loader myself before the firmware or is it included in the ird file?

The box is running fine so there is no need for updating except for oscam, I am struggling with my own builds but they die without anything odd in the log and even gdb is telling me squat, since the new firmware is promising driver updates I was hoping that the stapi part is a bit more stable with oscam, anyone tried it yet?

echelon
29-07-2011, 07:17 PM
the 1.54 bootloader is here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?149262-New-Bootloader-for-the-Icecrypt-S4000

it says you use porter express for this https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?144965-Porter-Express ,
and I assume you would also use a null modem cable ( never having done it myself )
mine is still on v1.21 as per when it was bought , so mine needs doing too

JaapS
30-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks Echelon,

Do you know if there is a way to upgrade from within the box by system command? (I have to borrow a windows computer for using porter express)
something like "cat my file.ird > /dev/boot_flash_location" or is there no way to upgrade from within the icecrypt env.

berliner
30-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Hi,

I used HDF flasher to upgrade to L1.54, its on the site in the section with plugins.

And it`s really easy.

Remember when you`ve finished with the plugin to power off and reboot-

echelon
30-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Thanks Echelon,

Do you know if there is a way to upgrade from within the box by system command? (I have to borrow a windows computer for using porter express)
something like "cat my file.ird > /dev/boot_flash_location" or is there no way to upgrade from within the icecrypt env.

I suggest you read the part that says ,

"I have never done it myself"

and that is my answer

I know what has been posted on the forum in the tools section for doing it , and that is all I know

berliner
31-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi,

I used HDF flasher to upgrade to L1.54, its on the site in the section with plugins.

And it`s really easy.

Remember when you`ve finished with the plugin to power off and reboot-

Can whoever has added the last 2 lines of my post please say that they did it.

buck401
31-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Sorry.

I thought I had posted a seperate thread.

Many apologies.

buck401

JaapS
31-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Sorry Echelon, I was asking more general.

I did try the plugin (copied all to /var/bin) but when starting it the only thing it does is adding itself to auto run.sh, after a reboot nothing happens and the display still shows me 1.21 as boot loader.
Will try to get my hands on a windows machine and use Porter, thanks for the help all...

berliner
31-07-2011, 01:34 PM
no problem,

JaapS
01-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Ha!
I know why upgrading went a bit painful, my last upgrade went very very painful so I had to use AAF Recovery Tool to fix it but with restoring that makes an Atevio of my Icecrypt. (I knew that but forgot)
No wonder, so I installed the maxibootloader, set the id back to Icecrypt and upgraded to 1.54 by putting the file on usb stick and pressing the buttons on my remote (just like with new firmware)
Boy was that easy... (after undoing my own mistakes ;)

ManikM
03-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Sorry Echelon, I was asking more general.

I did try the plugin (copied all to /var/bin) but when starting it the only thing it does is adding itself to auto run.sh, after a reboot nothing happens and the display still shows me 1.21 as boot loader.
Will try to get my hands on a windows machine and use Porter, thanks for the help all...

stick the plugin on a USB stick, that will work.

PS the firmware still works on the old loader, so i dont know why they say to do that....