PDA

View Full Version : Spider Not connecting

phil2009
31-07-2011, 01:33 PM
I have Spiderbox 9000HD connecting via spider plugs to orange livebox.
Havent been able to get a connection for 3 days now.
Just showing 'not connected'.
Everything seems to be working - phone/internet ok. Plugs illuminated - box working fine on fta.
Have tried unplugging, reconnecting, rebooting everything but no joy.
I cant run a direct connect form box to router as they are miles away.
Any thoughts on what I might try.
Any hlep would be appreciated

passete
31-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Is your Orange Router (Livebox) using the 2 ethernet input's ?
If yes, did you disable the TV function on the Livebox ?

echelon
31-07-2011, 02:42 PM
test the homeplugs are working and give a valid router ip by using a laptop or pc with ethernet connection at the same point as the spiderbox is located

check the admin panel of the router and ensure the spiderbox was given a valid ip address , and check those same details in the ip setup section on the spiderbox

basically , ensure the spiderbox has a valid local ip over the lan connection , which you could easily do by moving the spiderbox next to the router and plugging the ethernet in and checking again , you do not need a sat signal to test communications

phil2009
31-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Many thanks - have entered livebox IP info etc into Spider on manual option and connecting now.
Was always set to auto before - never had to do this.

echelon
31-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Many thanks - have entered livebox IP info etc into Spider on manual option and connecting now.
Was always set to auto before - never had to do this.

I have that same problem with netgear routers , same solution

johnhenry
01-08-2011, 12:55 AM
I also have to do mine on manual as i am using Orange Live Box and Homeplugs the system been working for over a year now and works well. Glad passete mentioned about disabling the tv function and gaining the Yellow connection as a second out of the Live box ie Red connection out to Home computer, Yellow connection out to Homeplug 1 - homeplug 2 connected to Spiderbox.

chris-k
01-08-2011, 11:39 AM
its a matter of trying,,,i used to have homeplugs,,and then i had to use manual ip settings to get it all to work.
these days i use a wifi bridge and have to use auto ip settings to get it to work.
so if auto doesnt work allways try manual.....