PDA

View Full Version : Jazup unable to connect azhb

redstone
31-07-2011, 08:51 PM
I am trying to install E2 to my azboxHD .
Using rti core 1.0 with usb stick.
Mistake 1 I did not disable wi-fi
Recue mode no ip address
Connect Azbox direct to router get the ip address
start jazup 2.3 enter ip address and correct password (pw which I've set up a year ago)
I get timeout error, stuck on rescue mode. Any ideas?
I have tried azup the same. I tried DCC to see if I can connect to azbox no luck.
:smash:

Dig Deep
01-08-2011, 06:16 AM
Perhaps password was back to original ?

redstone
01-08-2011, 06:53 AM
I've already tried original pw, no luck

zeini
01-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Jazup do not went with original RTi 1.0.

pr2
01-08-2011, 09:00 AM
I am trying to install E2 to my azboxHD .
Using rti core 1.0 with usb stick.
Mistake 1 I did not disable wi-fi
Recue mode no ip address
Connect Azbox direct to router get the ip address
start jazup 2.3 enter ip address and correct password (pw which I've set up a year ago)
I get timeout error, stuck on rescue mode. Any ideas?
I have tried azup the same. I tried DCC to see if I can connect to azbox no luck.
:smash:

Hi,

Rescue mode have its own password which is: azbox in lowercase.
If you cannot connect to your Azbox in Rescue Mode, it is because something prevent outbound connection from your PC.
So please disable your Firewall, or allow JaZUp to establish outbound connection in your Firewall.
Once you Azbox is in Rescue Mode you can establish telnet and FTP connection to the Azbox, so even DCC should work.

Are your PC and your Azbox on the same subnet (same ip range)?
Do you have kind of hardware Firewall between your PC and your Azbox?

Pr2

redstone
01-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Hi,

I have tried pw as azbox in lowercase no luck.
I am using AGV pro as a security on my computer. I have diabled firewall and tried again no luck.
I have tried DCC, azup and jazup, I am getting check your IP and PW. Do you think because I have left my azbox on wifi mode? When I connect to Azbox (USB left in) directly to router I get rescue mode and the IP (is there any possiblity I get false address)? and then I take out the cable from router and connect to my laptop, start jazup 2.3 enter IP address and pw no luck.

Are your PC and your Azbox on the same subnet (same ip range)? Yes I think so
Do you have kind of hardware Firewall between your PC and your Azbox? no only my router.

thanks
redstone

Hectore
01-08-2011, 09:55 AM
I have tried DCC, azup and jazup, I am getting check your IP and PW. Do you think because I have left my azbox on wifi mode? When I connect to Azbox (USB left in) directly to router I get rescue mode and the IP (is there any possiblity I get false address)? and then I take out the cable from router and connect to my laptop, start jazup 2.3 enter IP address and pw no luck.

Hello,

Jazup work only on Ethernet cable(RJ45). It's more secure that the wifi.

Regards.

redstone
01-08-2011, 10:36 AM
hi Hector

I have been using Ethernet cable from my laptop to Azbox.

regards

pr2
01-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi,

I have tried pw as azbox in lowercase no luck.
I am using AGV pro as a security on my computer. I have diabled firewall and tried again no luck.

Are your PC and your Azbox on the same subnet (same ip range)? Yes I think so
Do you have kind of hardware Firewall between your PC and your Azbox? no only my router.

thanks
redstone

Of course that it doesn't work... once you disconnect the Azbox from the router, the Azbox lost the IP address it gets from the DHCP and since you have no DHCP server running on your PC your Azbox cannot get another IP address from your PC...

Please connect your Azbox to a wired network where DHCP is enabled and don't disconnect it when it gets and IP address!

The fact that WiFi was enabled before has nothing to do, Rescue Mode doesn't support WiFi so it only enable the wired ethernet interface.

Pr2

Blagi
01-08-2011, 01:24 PM
OK, try this and maybe... ;)

I am assuming you connected your AZbox HD to your router/modem by a LAN cable!

Get the WiFi dongle out or if you have it built-in - disable it...

Your Laptop/PC/MAC/Linux desktop can be connected to the router/modem via wireless, it doesn't matter!

Reboot your router/modem. (If all this doesn't work, as you'll see later on - reset it, using the little reset button - at the back, usually...)

Now, get into your router/modem via your browser (Firefox?) and reserve the AZbox HD address in there. In effect, it will be connected to AZbox HD MAC address. Then you don't need to worry about that part any more.

You can also disable DHCP in AZbox HD from then on and use the static address you now have. Cement it! :D

Kill the AZbox HD at the back. Take all the stuff out: USB, smartcards, CI CAMs. Leave only the LAN cable and satellite cable connected to your AZ HD.

Reboot your laptop/PC/whatever you've got. You can also reserve its IP address in your Home Network, so things will be easier for you, from then on.

Do not remove any more wires! Leave them as they are connected! Do not re-connect anything at this point! Just don't mess with it again, so the equipment doesn't get "confused" again... :D

Switch on your AZbox HD at the back again and immediately press the > arrow on the front of the receiver and hold it until you see the IP address = Rescue Mode is "on".

Disable your AVG (frankly, it's crap, get rid of it, use KIS or something really good!).

Start your JAZUp and see it work its magic with SPAZE "fix" version... ;)

We all hope... :D

redstone
01-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Done,

Thank you all for your help. I will try to install Spaze this weekend.

It proves, there are a lots of unselfish good people out there always prepare to help people like me with limited knowledge.

Thanks again.
redstone.