PDA

View Full Version : what size T&K brackets? south facing wall 3 degrees west

techmob
02-08-2011, 09:48 AM
I currently have 18" T&K brackets however i need to replace one of them because the T is drooping a little.

i currently have an 80cm dish and i am about 3 degrees West so quite a good line on a south facing wall.

what size can i get away with, should i just buy the 18" brackets and that should be ample if i upgrade to a 1m dish or could i get away with 12" brackets

would 12" give better support than 18" brackets?

simon 2003
02-08-2011, 11:16 AM
me again lol,
yea you got nice veiw of southern sky there mate
,depends on your dish size really if your dish spins right the way east to west to the sats you want without hitting the wall thats what i based mine on not rigidity mines an 18" with a scaffold pole and techno motor and 90 fibo/gregorian dish and weighs a fair bit it but ive had no problems , near enough touches the wall at a right angle at about 40e so thats fine for me ,although obviously the further away from the wall the weight of your dish is the less stable it is,,but an 80cm on 18" will spin all the way left to right without hitting wall

incidently mate you know your t&k have you not got elongated holes so you can knock it square? mine has ?my holes are an inch or so at the wall and where the u-bolts go through so you might be able to knock it square with a hammer after loosening the bolts a couple of turns like this one look

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2lB7CSCVxTUZ7 iVYLErWOSBTM9PYwWRowo1ZPChm1_vaIH 6pV

techmob
02-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Hi Si

tried that buddy but with no luck.

my T bracket droops. it is nice and solid against the wall but the length of it droops.

just traveled 30 miles to pick up some T and K galvanised brackets and they were not even galvanised. they look painted. wasn't impressed so returned them.

so i am now on the lookout for 18" T&K brackets to buy online but they must be galvanised. Anyone know where the best place is?

i am also thinking of buying a 1m dish before i set it up.

was thinking either a gibertini or orbital.

thoughts on the above, also where to get?

thanks

Satcat
02-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Here are some pictures of my 1m Alum Orbital dish (950mm x 1100mm) As you can see the dish is above my flat roof, so my brackets don't have to be too far away from the wall. I can get 45E - 45W.

techmob
02-08-2011, 04:47 PM
i have managed to buy a single K bracket to go with my existing K bracket, so should be good enough support

i am looking to buy some bolts. are these the right ones?

6 X M8 RAWL SHIELD ANCHOR LOOSE HEX BOLT 8MM X 60MM | auction site

M8 RAWL SHIELD ANCHOR LOOSE HEX BOLT 8MM X 60MM