PDA

View Full Version : Occasional slight jerky movement with conax card in 9000 on HD ?

TonyO
07-08-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm using a Sat BG conax cas 3 card on 23e, has anyone else experienced this with conax in the 9000 ?

It does it in conax cams in the spider as well.

grin2
07-08-2011, 10:37 PM
on line banking on the xxx channels fella?

TonyO
08-08-2011, 12:28 AM
I've checked out a few things since I first posted and I think its a heat problem, I had similar probs when I last used a M2 card for HD on conax at 1W.

I solved that prob by sitting the reciever on two blocks of wood to allow more air to enter from underneath and also lifted the lid at the back 1/2" to also allow more air into the box as well.

That cured most of the cut outs and jerks but I also installed a small switchable pc fan above the cam or card to cool things down on hot days, it all worked on the fortechstar so its going to be more of the same for the spider.

It doesn't help that the card is a push out simm type mounted on a normal size card, its only got 3 tiny plastic luggs joining to the main card which means the heat cant dissapate properly into the main body of the card, the heat created is trapped all at the chip.

TonyO
08-08-2011, 09:18 PM
I've modded the spider and the card is not hot but the problem persists, I've now tried the card in two other recievers with four differant conax cams which all worked fine last week and they are playing up with some HD channels which means its not the spider.

In fact just one HD transponder 12207v is playing up while the other HD ones are ok which means its probably a technical fault at their end, it started to judder on sunday and by today it was unusable all day long.

When I tried this frequency on my fortechstar HD the signal had a slight fluctuation which caused it not to tune in, all the others were ok, looks like the transponder is on the blink.

passete
08-08-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm watching nat geo Hd and nat geo wild Hd on 12207 V 27500 (about 70% snr), and i don't see any Problem !
maybe a tired lnb ?

TonyO
09-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Hi Passete, The lnb is only a year old, I have a 1.30mtr dish with 80% signal level and 96% quality so its not a signal problem.

Which package are you on ? with sat bg on 23e I thought there was only one option which was the whole thing.

It was all ok last week, but if its working ok for you now I must have another issue, half the HD works ok but not 12207v.

passete
09-08-2011, 07:50 AM
Yeah mate, i'm talking about Sat BG on 23°E and Tp 12207 V 27500 !

TonyO
09-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Problem solved, channel list had 8700 channels stored, the box capacity is only supposed to be 8000.

I viewed the channel list in the editor and off loaded nerly 2000 that I dont use much and the box is behaving well again, the number of times I've told other peeps that the spider behaves really badly when the memory is full and I fell into the same trap myself.

File this thread in the "cant see the wood for the trees" section please !

Mickha
09-08-2011, 08:51 AM
A very good catch, TonyO, and a lesson to all of us who just keep scanning in channels without deleting old, unused, ones:respect-064:

TonyO
09-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Post 8 wasn't quite the end of the story, while the shedding channels helped the decoding and channel tuning, after an hour I was back to intermittant signal level on 12207v again.

This time I changed the 18 month old invacom C120 twin lnb (not cheap) for my previous single feed invacom lnb which is over 5 years old, problem now cured, the newer TWF-031 C120 is intermittant above 12ghz.

What is chinese workmanship coming to ?

Some sat probs are like buses, nothing for ages then two turn up at once.

Dig Deep
09-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Nice work mate !

TonyO
10-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Add to my prob list a intermmitant diseq switch as well, once I changed the switch the previous lnbs that seemed iffy all worked normaly again.

This has wasted a good couple of days for me, I've never had so many red herrings before, I'm sick of the taste of them !