PDA

View Full Version : Newbie setting up Spider 9000HD HELP PLEASE!!!

spurskev
19-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Hi there, I am trying to set up my new box - I have followed instructions as far as I can understand but not sure whether I have completed/done so properly...I have downloaded gift then was lost with next download...I think something is wrong because in service plus it is saying connected but not sure if gift is activated as not all satellites are located...what should it open on 1 W to check gift...I am worried about downloading further of messing with settings etc in case I lose gift. Any advice greatly appreciated...been on this for about 5 hours now......!!!

Thanks

echelon
19-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi there, I am trying to set up my new box - I have followed instructions as far as I can understand but not sure whether I have completed/done so properly...I have downloaded gift then was lost with next download...I think something is wrong because in service plus it is saying connected but not sure if gift is activated as not all satellites are located...what should it open on 1 W to check gift...I am worried about downloading further of messing with settings etc in case I lose gift. Any advice greatly appreciated...been on this for about 5 hours now......!!!

Thanks

if you patched it correctly it would have said 12 feb 2011 in system info , and then you should have updated it according to the following thread

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?150811-new-spiderbox-updates

it would then have said aug 11 2011 in system info , software v F4.33

then you should have factory reset it , turned on networking using 1111 , and then loaded a channel list from usb stick , then switch both ucas on in key edit , reset keydata and then load HDsoftcam file as well from usb stick

then gone into network and turned on ethernet using register so it says connected ( if your router is connected and it has a valid ip from the router )

only after all the above would you check satellites , and only then after inputting your usals lon and lat assuming you are using usals of course

then you should have checked the channels listed in the HDsoftcam post , and finally the ethernet channels listed in this post

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?150873-List-Of-Channels-Opening-on-Servce-And-UCAS

chippy
19-08-2011, 06:45 PM
have you installed a channel list. if you havent i sugest you install one. then check all the stickys re whats open and then look.but you need to give us more information as to what you have done up to now.

spurskev
19-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks Chippy, no I havn't does it matter which one...?

spurskev
19-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks echelon, mmmm I think it might be best if I start again I can"t remember if it said those dates at the beginning - can I call it up or could I start again from scratch will I lose the gift if I do.. btw I posted this on FAQ first in error and Chippy has given an answer...don't want to mess you all about if you/he could delete the post on FAQ I guess???? Thanks again

chippy
19-08-2011, 06:56 PM
before you get to the channel list you must follow echelons advice to the letter. and explain at what stage you are up to re echelons advice. my apologies to echelon i posted at the same time.

echelon
19-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks echelon, mmmm I think it might be best if I start again I can"t remember if it said those dates at the beginning - can I call it up or could I start again from scratch will I lose the gift if I do.. btw I posted this on FAQ first in error and Chippy has given an answer...don't want to mess you all about if you/he could delete the post on FAQ I guess???? Thanks again

I have sorted the double thread

if you want a channel list you can try mine here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?150962-HD-channel-list-for-spiderbox

you can easily check using menu system info to see what is on your box as the date gives it away

no you wont lose any gift

spurskev
19-08-2011, 07:02 PM
What I did is : I followed the beginners set up guide up until I put the gift where it said something about a service list, then when I clicked on the link and it said something that I was not sure about so I skipped that and then I followed on to the next step which was activating the gift and it said that it was connected, I don't think I pressed 1111 or factory reset. Was worried about pressing factory reset in case I lost gift etc, my last box was set up for me so this is all a bit daunting. Thanks for your advice.

echelon
19-08-2011, 07:09 PM
What I did is : I followed the beginners set up guide up until I put the gift where it said something about a service list, then when I clicked on the link and it said something that I was not sure about so I skipped that and then I followed on to the next step which was activating the gift and it said that it was connected, I don't think I pressed 1111 or factory reset. Was worried about pressing factory reset in case I lost gift etc, my last box was set up for me so this is all a bit daunting. Thanks for your advice.

seems very hit and miss to me , what date is in the menu in system info ? if its 12 feb 2011 , do a factory reset and do the online update in the thread I gave you earlier , in order to get it up to date and showing aug 11 2011 in menu system info

once that is done , turn on the network using 1111 and check that ETHERNET is showing as connected ( the gift )

then do the rest of what I said

channel list and usals

turn on both ucas and reset keydata

load the HDsoftcam

check nat geo HD on 0.8w

spurskev
19-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Have now done all that - says aug 18, and I followed other instructions, the channel lists in on but no unlocking eg can get free to air but cannot unlock nat geo..on 0.8w.. how can i check if gift is activated please.

echelon
19-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Have now done all that - says aug 18, and I followed other instructions, the channel lists in on but no unlocking eg can get free to air but cannot unlock nat geo..on 0.8w.. how can i check if gift is activated please.

as I said earlier ( twice ) , turn on networking , then go into network and find ethernet next to the bottom , open it and check it says connected , if not turn ON and click on register , reboot and it should say connected ( assuming you have a valid router connection by ethernet cable ) , that means the gift is working ok

then go to nat geo HD or animal planet HD on 0.8w and see if it clears

pressing info button twice on a scrambled channel will show source - ethernet if the gift is connected

spurskev
19-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks for your patience! when I pressed info twice it said no data but seem to have lost all signal for now...but have realised did not load HDsoftcam is this absolutely necessary for HD channels or - if non HD have I done all I need to (btw ethernet says connected). If softcam needed please could you post the link as I can't seem to locate it. Thanks

echelon
19-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks for your patience! when I pressed info twice it said no data but seem to have lost all signal for now...but have realised did not load HDsoftcam is this absolutely necessary for HD channels or - if non HD have I done all I need to (btw ethernet says connected). If softcam needed please could you post the link as I can't seem to locate it. Thanks

the HDsoftcam is only used for the channels and broadcasters listed in the softcam post , and the info/info will show UCAS when you open a channel , like say diema or nova sport on 39e ( similar to your old cam )

the files are kept here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?582-SoftCam.Key , all in the spiderbox section

0.8w is opened by ETHERNET , not ucas , the fact it says CONNECTED in ethernet means you have the gift connected

check you get music channel , cctv news and bbc world ( 1 , 2 and 3 ) on thor 0.8w to ensure you are on the satellite

once an fta channel is checked on each satellite , you can then test gift channels

channels 4 to 11 seem to be open on ethernet gift at the moment on 0.8w ( in my list )

spurskev
19-08-2011, 08:40 PM
For some reason it has Nat Geo has now come on...!!! A big big thank you once again echelon for your help and patience.. before I go if you could gen me up about the HDsoftcam and also what is 'ucas', I take it that service plus is just regarding the gift. Many thanks once again.

echelon
19-08-2011, 08:47 PM
see previous reply , ucas is the inbuilt patch , and HDsoftcam is a softcam file for HD boxes like ours and has the k*ys inside it to open the last few channels opened by patching , so basically its the box equivalant of what you did with the diablo

the ethernet connection is the gift delivered by internet means ;) ( the old s+ )

so a few channels open by ucas , like diema and nova sport on 39e , some channels open by biss , and the rest are opened by ethernet gift

on top of that there is also the clines or nlines you read about , cs from hosts in other words , that can be added into various network sections too

spurskev
19-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks again and thanks to Marco, as cannot send PM's yet. Will try and get my head round things before I pester you again..I was thinking a glossary might be a good idea in faq for us newbies? cheers

echelon
19-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Thanks again and thanks to Marco, as cannot send PM's yet. Will try and get my head round things before I pester you again..I was thinking a glossary might be a good idea in faq for us newbies? cheers

yep, no problem ,you set one up and the members here can add to it as they wish ,then we will copy and paste the relevant info into a new sticky thread ;)