PDA

View Full Version : Help required fitting new dish and configuring

joany
20-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Hi, I have a tm6900hd super with diseqc motor. During the last 6 months a neighbours tree has grown into the path for 28E. The neighbour graciously allowed me to trim the tree so I now get an intermittent signal depending on the wind strength and direction.

Following a recent post by someone els i decided to get a bog standard sly dish and fit this in a separate (good) location and get the box to decide that when watching 28E to use the second dish.

I have bought a diseqc switch and am now programming the stb to deal with 28. Can somebody please advise how to set up the stb so that all sats except 28e use feed 1 and 28E uses feed 2 from the switch.

For 28E (in the motorised settings menu should the diseqc setting be off or usals.)

thanks in advance.

joany
20-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Job now sorted thanks.
1. on 28E satellite setup in menu changed diseqc 1.0 to 2 of 4 (2nd dish is connected to lnb2 in diseqc switch)
2. On motorised settings diseqc was turned off just for 28E satellite.

thanks.

Now completely glitch-free on 28E.

joany
20-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Shortly after I "thought " it was working ok I found that satellites other than 28E could not be selected. I changed the motorized setting for 28.2E back to diseqc 1.2 (from off) and left the satellite setting for 28.2E as diseqc 1.0 on 2 of 4 and it all seems to be working fine now.

Apparently diseqc 1.2 deals with both fixed switches (upto 16)and a motor. diseqc 1.0 deals only with fixed switches with upto 4 inputs and diseqc 1.1 deals with fixed switches with upto 16 inputs.: _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DiSEqC.

ps - one extra benefit is that channels on 28.2E now appear instantly when selected as per the terrestrial channels (obviously because we are not waiting for the motor to move to position).

Total cost of new dish,lnb,connectors and switch £21.