PDA

View Full Version : Router and ISP

eddieaok
25-08-2011, 04:19 PM
I had a couple of annoying drop-outs of picture last night while watching a film on C+ HD Film channel, re-booting the receiver managed to recover the picture after about a minute.
I know the server is a bit erratic at the moment but might my kit have something to do with it?
I have an older router a Netgear DG834 provided by my top notch ISP *** LOL.
Could a new router improve matters? it may be a bit drastic changing ISP's.
It would be nice to hear other members views on what kit they have ISP etc and connection quality to the ethernet server

Ed

echelon
25-08-2011, 04:40 PM
I had a couple of annoying drop-outs of picture last night while watching a film on C+ HD Film channel, re-booting the receiver managed to recover the picture after about a minute.
I know the server is a bit erratic at the moment but might my kit have something to do with it?
I have an older router a Netgear DG834 provided by my top notch ISP *** LOL.
Could a new router improve matters? it may be a bit drastic changing ISP's.
It would be nice to hear other members views on what kit they have ISP etc and connection quality to the ethernet server

Ed

should be no problem with that router , its not as if its any real traffic to contend with ;)

so netgear dg834 or dg934 should be fine , and a faster or newer router wont help matters in my humble opinion !

you could get a 934 , flash it , add your current name and password into it and use that instead of the 834 , details in the broadband forum

johnhenry
25-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Channels on 19e went down last night around midnight, yes the server is abit erratic so personally i would leave router well alone. The reason i state this is that i have quite a reliable router which has not let me down but i have experianced channels dropping in and out over the last fortnight. Changing routers can sometime prove difficult so if you are up and running best leave well alone i am sure the Spider Team will have all running smoothly again soon.

eddieaok
25-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the speedy replies

Dig Deep
25-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Yes, routers of this decade will work fine. Perhaps wifi needs a regular check, never is better .
Some routers/modem needs a restart every month or so, clears out all system and is very easy to do.

paddingtonbear
26-08-2011, 12:21 AM
I think you may find that you have had an automatic installation from some web like windows did the same to
mine still not right its cost me £50 so far have had to disable IE.