PDA

View Full Version : this file will be supported later ?

SPX
29-08-2011, 09:50 PM
hi
have just got the home streaming setup.
but all the avi files i try to play show "this file will be supported later", do i need to update/change anything ?

sorry if this has been asked before !

thanks

echelon
29-08-2011, 09:53 PM
hi
have just got the home streaming setup.
but all the avi files i try to play show "this file will be supported later", do i need to update/change anything ?

sorry if this has been asked before !

thanks

you can use a program and change the files to be compatible with the spiderbox

it will play some types , but the ones it wont play generate that message

suggest you check the program mister-t uploaded

SPX
29-08-2011, 09:57 PM
thanks for the quick reply echelon, which type of file would you recommend best for spiderbox ?

thanks

echelon
29-08-2011, 10:02 PM
thanks for the quick reply echelon, which type of file would you recommend best for spiderbox ?

thanks

I am not saying I understand all the file types , or have a list of the wills and wonts

my point is you need to change the ones that dont work into a compatible file type for the box that it does play

they are not all the same , just because they are all divx avi files , that is the container type , not the specification

echelon
29-08-2011, 10:17 PM
posted on another forum , here is what they said

i have got just about every avi file to work perfect by using divx manager and selecting rhapsody, xvid, bit rate 887 and converting, then playing the converted file through usb, the conversion is very quick and so far no problems, link to download divx manager is in supplied instruction book, regards ardvaak

and

I have one or two AVI files that will play on nothing - not the spiderbox, not the Azbox, and not the Vu+
I used WinAvi ver. 9.0 to convert them and now they work on all three receivers. - anrakh