PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering recording playback new firmware

dizz
04-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Anyone else getting this? Fine for ten minutes then really jumpy sometimes preceded by lip synch issues. Happens with all channel types. Have to stop playing and play continue and all is fine (for a few minutes). Wondering if reformat would help?

buck401
04-09-2011, 09:21 AM
I have the same problem if I`m recording using the white card and Mcas and at the same time channel hopping scrambled channels. I do not
run timeshift.

Perhaps a fix is on the way?

dizz
04-09-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't use timeshift either, plus its a factory installed hd. I don't watch a lot of recordings, but when I do I don't want to be working without having to restart all the time though. It stops you really getting into what your watching because your waiting for it to start playing up.

ManikM
04-09-2011, 11:00 AM
is it on FTA, HD, or MCAS channels only>?

dizz
04-09-2011, 07:49 PM
All hd, haven't tried SD.

wombatch
11-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Well I have a similar problem I have a stc6000 hdpvr, when replaying recordings I get sound drop outs during the playback, small sections of sound get lost from the playback. Seems to be worse with things like music i.e. continuous sound rather than speech containing natural breaks (but then of course the natural breaks may cover up those created by record/playback).
This problem may also be happening in live HD streams but the box is quite new so I don't have much experience of it's whims yet.
I have to say, that generally I am very impressed with picture quality etc. just the sound problem that is bugging me. I don't know if i have a bad box or if there are still improvements that will come with future firmware updates. I have firmware level 1.09.35.

ColdAsICE
13-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Check your HDD speed using the "Device Speed test" in Storage Manager. It needs to be faster than 140Mbits but anything less than 150Mbits will give some record/playback jitter problems on HD recordings.

ManikM
13-09-2011, 06:16 PM
are the affected people wrong HOME fitted HDD's?

mine came with a 320Gb and i havent had the issue (from what ive noticed)