PDA

View Full Version : MGcamd1.36 Help Needed

fuji
07-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Help Please.I can't get this to work. I had Bulsat etc working on 1.35a now I've installed 1.36 and with the latest keys but can't get it to work. I wanted to view Canal Digital NL. Will it only open with the new 1.36 cam? If so which image can I use to download Via the Blue Button. The Gemini image that I'm using (I've only ever used Gemini) no longer alows me to intall the cams. I seem to get a problem when I install them manually. I know it's just a case of Ftp to Var but it won't work even though they appear to be installed on my DB. Downloading Via the Blue button is alot easier as it never messedup my DB. So if someone can let me know which is the best image for doing so i can get the latest cams I would appreciate it.

Many Thanks

passete
07-09-2011, 05:21 PM
The "easy way", it allways to replace the existing binary with the new one, you just need to rename the new one as the old one !

brain
07-09-2011, 06:23 PM
@fuji
What P says is correct but I only have 7000 and 8000. For those it is important to have the correct version of 1.35a and check whether .tar or .bz2.[i cant remember - think .tar ]FTP var/tmp and look for it. On Gem with 7000 its setup/blue panel/manual download. Once in go to /bin for the mgcamd 1.35a file and replace it with the patched one, then go to /keys and replace .mfg config. Restart enigma. Download latest keys. If you can load a Peter Pan image onto the 500 then there is still a download option on this image for the cam you need but you will still have to change the file in /bin and /keys as above.Dont forget to change permission on these two new files to 755 - they often come as 600 or 644. Good luck. Brain

fuji
11-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks for your help with this guys. I gave it a go last night . I've sort of got it working. Now I've got Canal Digital NL working ok but Bulsat now won't clear, and I'm using the latest keys. I know there were only a few channels still clearing with this package the other day Nova Sports, Diema etc. Are these now not availible or have I done something wrong?

brain
11-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Glad some are working but it must be the patched 1.35a or 1.36 to work. Dont have a mixture of the component parts. Since one will do I would use the 1.36.Make sure all things are set correctly and any not needed ie -same- are removed. Download latest keys again and restart cam after a restart of the box. Good Luck - Brain. Get back if stuck.

fuji
11-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks Brain. Not to sure whats wrong but this is what I did. Removed Gemini and Installed Peter Pan image. Downloaded MgCamd 1.35a Via Blue Button. Downloaded MgCamd 1.36 on PC. Ftp'd this over and renamed it to mgcamd_1.35a.ppc and changed the attributes to 755. This is what is in the Var/Bin Folder after I downloded the Cam Via the blue button. Have I downloaded the correct Cam to change with the 1.36 version as there are other older versions available to download. Also I couldn't find a specific 1.36 cam for the Peter Pan image so I used one for Gemini. I take it that can't be right. I just need to know which and where are the correct cams to instal. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks Fuji

brain
11-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Hi Fuji
Either use 1.35a for 39e or manually install a .tar.bz2 for 1.36 via upload manager.If you use 1.35a then once you have downloaded it with the PP download feature you will have to go var/bin and remove mgcamd1.35a and add the one in attached file. Change permission to 755 - you may or may not have to add.mips - I am not sure on the 500. Go to var/ keys and remove mg.cfg and replace with one uploaded - 755 it. Upload Sa keyupdater to your image and it should appear in plugins after a restart. Download new keys and restart cam - AXN or Diema will be good test ones. If you use 1.36 then you can add the 1.36 bin and .cfg files if the 500 takes .mips in a similar fashion. Can the 500 take the glassutility feature? If it can then you could manually install the 3.86 version and the cam is already installed so just a key update. Good Luck - Brain. PS It does also seem from the thread on Mgcamd1.37. [on forum threads] that you can exchange the file 1.37 with the 1.35a and it will run - much as i had already found but didnt want to confuse the issue

fuji
13-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Hi Brain

Appreciate your help with this. I’ve had another go at sorting this out but still no luck and still need your help if that’s ok. Canal Digital is working fine but still no Bulsat. ( I’m missing the footie). I’ve started again from scratch, ditched the Peter Pan image as it kept freezing on me. I’m now using EDG Nemesis v4.4 which is fine. I downloaded MgCamd 1.37 from the add-ons menu via the blue button. I then replaced this with the 1.37 version from here Powersico MgCamd Thread, changed the attributes etc and loaded the new keys (updated Minicat). This has worked fine for Canal Digital. To get Bulsat working I have installed MgCamd 1.35a via add-ons blue button and then replaced this with your attached file changed to 755 etc but it won’t work. I’ve no idea what the glass utility feature is or if I need it or the Sa key updater Am I knackered without these?. I’ve also tried installing an earlier version of Mgcamd 1.31 and replacing it with the one you attached but still no good. I have no idea what I’m done wrong. The Cams I’ve downloaded via the blue button or installed manually over the years have always worked and I’ve not had to flaff about changing stuff. I don’t get why the Cam is available to load via the blue button but won’t work. Just to confirm I have both 1.37 and 1.35a installed 1.37 works ok with Canal Digital but not Bulsat. 1.35a won't work on either.

Thanks For Your Help

Fuji!"!"!

brain
14-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Hi Fuji
My only reason for the SA keyupdater is that while you may have the cams fully installed, they may,and probably wont be up to date with the relevant keys. Bulsat for example went agin last night - watch for updates.So long as you have the patched 1.35a and those two files I sent you with 755 permission bulsat should work. 1.36 or 1.37 should also work. Ther is a thread on here about 1.36/1.37 and Sonic has posted the latest keys yesterday for C+NL. Dont worry about the Glassutility -as I said - it may not be an option for the 500 - i only know the 7000 and 8000. If you have the cam running on one then it is probably keys so long as the patches are installed. Does the 500 take .tar.bz2, .tar.gz or .ipk - the former I think? Google for satangelsupdater in the file you need and do a manual install. then it should appear in plugins. Open it and do a full update - either satangels or minicat. restart cam - I have just checked - the update is on line. If 1.35a is not working on Bulsat then either it is the wrong version, or the two files are a. not in the right place[there is a direction page in the file OR permissions have not been changed to 755. Good Luck Brain. PS If it works click on the thanks button too. Ta https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?151383-Mgcamd-1.37/page2

fuji
14-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Thanks Brain. All that messing around and it was just the keys. Its all working fine now. I did'nt realise that Bulsat was down. Thanks for all your help.

brain
14-09-2011, 09:34 AM
No probs M8 - glad all is sorted but dont panic if things disappear fairly regularly cos they often change quickly - two or three days sometimes - hence the need for the key updater. If the box is on line it does get things up and running easily and quickly - putting them in manually is OK but still needs care over placement and permissions. Cheers - Brain