PDA

View Full Version : Q for billybits

john1
08-09-2011, 05:48 PM
I started with blank database add only open frequenys and sats.
put when i looked at provider list it saids below.

? so how can i delete 29/10/10 billybits channel list in provider list

remote ok-sort
green provider

29/10/10 billybits channel list
+mus
-
----
-----
1tvch
24h
2e
40lat
<none>
ab
ab sat

i al so would like to edit provider list

Digit Alb selecting this shows all Digit Alb open
tring.tv selecting this shows all tring.tv open

currently it it only shows verry little
a good idea that does not work
the only one above i keep is as sat dele the rest

echelon
08-09-2011, 06:00 PM
I dont think billybits is a member here

tigertimtim
08-09-2011, 07:26 PM
some channal list are much better than others to make a start with for your own purposes,
id start with william1 (from that other site) or echelons there much better than billy bits list imho

Aldo
08-09-2011, 07:37 PM
The following Read Me can be found in Billy Bits Channel Lists, I hope that this may be of some help to you:

BillyBits Spiderbox9000HD Channel List - Mainly For UK Users and Family Friendly

There are a number of points you should note before using.

Each satellite has a dummy transponder (10700H 27500) and a channel with the satellite's position. i.e "--- 28.2E ---".
This is used in Favourites as a header to each set of channels. Typically "FILMS" favourite has 12 different sats.
The headers make it obvious which satellite the channels are on.

All satellite names include their position. This helps in all the different channel menus,
before it only had the satellites name.

Each satellite has the full list of channels available in alphabetical order except for 28.2E.
28.2E has all its channels in gendre blocks.
FreeSAT 1 - 40, SPORT 41 - 59, FILM 60 - 100, FACTUAL 101 - 122, INTEREST 123 - 170, NOSTALGIA 171 - 187, KIDS 188 - 219, MUSIC 220 - 253, NEWS 254 - 282, IRISH 283 - 290, SHOP 291 - 321, ADULT 322 - 360, REGION 361 - 449, FORIEGN 450 - 501, OTHER 502 - 763.
You can easily move the blocks into the order that you prefer in the Channel Editor.

The ones that are in FAVs are at the start all the others follow afterwards.
This makes it easier to delete the non FAVs as a block and then rescan the Satellite.
The channels are the ones I could find from my location - NW England.

There are Satellites dedicated to FEEDS at the end of the "All Satellites"
Its best practice to keep these channels away from the main list as they are normally only available over a few hours.
These sats are before 45E or after 30W.
I have put one channel in each of the Feed Sats, some are actual and some dummy
as I could not find a channel otherwise the sat is marked as inactive.
If you are into Feed Hunting check out the William-1 guides.

Current populated Favourites are - FREESAT UK, SPORTS, FILMS, KIDS/MUSIC, NEWS/FACTUAL GENERAL, HD / 3D, ADULT.

For DiSEqC users. I can use the list with DiSEqC or USALS.

Satelite Positions Used.
1 45.0E , 2 42.0E , 3 40.0E , 4 39.0E , 5 36.0E , 6 33.0E
7 31.0E , 8 28.2E , 9 26.0E , 10 23.5E , 11 21.6E , 12 19.2E
13 16.0E , 14 13.0E , 15 10.0E , 16 9.0E , 17 7.0E , 18 4.8E
19 0.8W , 20 1.0W , 21 4.0W , 22 5.0W , 23 7.0W , 24 8.0W
25 12.5W , 26 15.0W , 27 18.0W , 28 22.0W , 29 24.5W , 30 27.5W
31 30.0W , 32 31.5W , 33 34.5W , 34 37.5W , 35 43.0W , 36 45.0W

I have populated the FAV groups with clearing channels - NuevoXstream/UCAS/Ethernet/FTA.
This will not be the full list as some channel were not clearing when I scanned them in.
There are now more channels clearing than FAVs to take them Thanks to Darkman & The Team.
I have put my most popular in FAVs.

There will always be missing channels as the satellite operators make considerable amounts of changes.

The FAV side has been setup for UK users but sitting at the back of this is a clean set of all channels, transponders and sats.
All in a chronological order making it easier to put them into FAVs.

It is easy to delete channels, transponders or satellites in "Channel Manager" for satellites that you have no coverage for.

First of all always backup you channel list before doing any editing.
I always rename the list to the current day's date and add a letter. A, B , C etc in the order I save them.

DELETING SATELLITES: (Deletes all channels on the satellite not the satellite. It is still in the satellite list)
When you first load the list the channel view is in "All Channels".
Or, if later, press "OK" to show channel list. Press "SAT" and choose "All Satellite".
At the beginning of the list you should now see the dummy satellite channels with "--- 45.0E ---" etc.
Exit the channel list, press "MENU" and "Channel Manager". You now see all the dummy satellite channels listed.
Cursor right to "Remove" and change the remove option (Yellow Button) to "SAT Rem".
Now cursor down to each satellite you want to remove and press OK.
A tick appears against each of your chosen satellites. You can chose as many as you like.
Now press the blue button "Remove" and all the chosen satellites will disappear.
Exit and save if asked.
This will remove all the channels from the database including FAVs and will still keep the remaining channels/sats in order.

PUTTING CHANNELS INTO FAV:
Press OK to go to channel view.
Press SAT and choose the sat who's channels you want to add to FAV.
You should now only be seeing the channels on this one satellite.
Exit the channel list, press "MENU" and "Channel Manager". You now see all the same channels listed.
Cursor left to "Favourite" and press Yellow Button (FAV) until the FAV you want to add to is displayed.
Cursor down to each channel that you want to add to this FAV and press OK. A "*" will appear against each selected channel.
Once you have selected all your channels press Exit and save.

MOVING CHANNELS AROUND:
This can be done in FAV or SAT or ALL views.
Press OK to see channel view.
This example is for a FAV but just choose the view of the channels you want to edit/move.
Press FAV choose the favourite list you want to edit.
Exit the channel list, press "MENU" and "Channel Manager". You now see the same channels listed.
Cursor right to "Move" and cursor down to the channel/channels you want to move and press OK.
A tick appears against each channel chosen.
Once you have chosen the channels, move the cursor to where you want to move them to.
Press the green button (Move). All the selected channels will now be put into this new position.
Once you have all the channels in the order you want press Exit and save if asked.

Remember in Channel Manager you can choose as many channels as you want before deleting/moving.

Feedback is always welcome - good or bad.

Thanks to DM and The Team for all their effort in producing such a great receiver.

Happy Satellite Viewing.

BillyBits

Just a little further info:

Attached is my latest SpiderboxHD channel list for the 8th June 2011.

It has all popular satellites from 45E to 45W that I can receive from my location in the North West of England.
The "FREESAT UK" FAV is very family friendly with sections for "FILMS" & "KIDS", "NEWS", "MUSIC", "INTERESTS" & "SHOPPING" for those who's families use the Spiderbox
Also seperate satellites from 58E to 61W for any feed, temporary and work in progress channels - Use these satellites for any experimenting you want to do before adding to your main satellites.

All Satellites, Transponders and Channels are in chronological order except for 28.2E.
28.2E has all its channels in gendre blocks.
FreeSAT 1 - 40, SPORT 41 - 59, FILM 60 - 100, FACTUAL 101 - 122, INTEREST 123 - 170, NOSTALGIA 171 - 187, KIDS 188 - 219, MUSIC 220 - 253, NEWS 254 - 282, IRISH 283 - 290, SHOP 291 - 321, ADULT 322 - 360, REGION 361 - 449, FORIEGN 450 - 501, OTHER 502 - 763.
You can easily move the blocks into the order that you prefer in the Channel Editor.

All "FAV"s are populated with clearing channels including Ethernet, NuevoXstream, UCAS, Patched Via3 and past opening channels in case they return.
My NuevoXstream expired in April so I can not check.
You can easily delete those you do not want/can not receive or add any of your own channels.

The "read me" in the archive gives information of all the extras that this channel list has and how to easily adapt the list to your needs.
Please read it as it has a lot of information on editing the list.

This is a full channel list - just remove the satellite/channels that you do not want.
Channels: 7639 of a maximum 9800
TPs: 1324 of a maximum 3500
FAVs: All 8 used - FREESAT UK, SPORTS, FILMS, KIDS/MUSIC, NEWS/FACTUAL, GENERAL, HD/3D, ADULT,

The Channel List is for either USALS or DiSEqC setups - I use this list for both without any issues.

If using USALS make sure you check/input your Latitude & Longitude after loading.
If using Diseqc switch to "Motor (DiSEqC 1.2)" in Motor Setup - Motor Type and if using one of my lists for the first time you will need to manually locate each satellite and then store in a unique position.
I have a stickie in "Spiderbox HD Information & Stickies" showing how to use the list for the first time for DiSEqC users.
The List has Satellites from 45E DiSEqC "SAT Position (POS=1)" through to 45W DiSEqC "SAT Position (POS=35)"
Any future channel lists of mine will have the same SAT Position numbers so DiSEqC users will not need to locate and store each sat position again.

The main updates from the last list are:
28.2E Channels in Gendre Blocks
Lots of FEC changes.
Lots of changes to channels/TPs on all other satellites