PDA

View Full Version : How to edit channel lists

RATIUS
08-09-2011, 08:53 PM
What's the easiest way to delete the unwanted channels after a blind scan... I'm led to believe that I have to get my channel list to my pc, then edit/delete chanels and then try and get the edited list back to the receiver..... sounds easy, except I haven't got a clue!

RATIUS

Zeke
09-09-2011, 07:50 AM
Download dreamboxedit. If you're network is connected it's very easy.

RATIUS
09-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Zeke,

Thank you for your reply.
If I use dreambox edit:
Will it leave my other settings intact? ie the stored satellite disecq positions and the cccam info that someone else put into the receiver?

The receiver is currently using the latest blackhole image. I still haven't worked out what the blackhole is responsible for, or what the enigma bit does and the or latest firmware does that I also installed! It seems to be 3 different systems running together and then there's the addons...... WTF.

Can I backup the receiver as it is now all working very well. Before I f*ck it up royally?

A
09-09-2011, 01:52 PM
yes dreambox edit is just for your channels other things remain the same. This box is like the dreambox same engima2 and you do know dreambox dont you ?

Zeke
09-09-2011, 03:09 PM
I've got a duo but I doubt there is a difference.

With the remote hit menu. Then setup. Then backup system settings.

RATIUS
09-09-2011, 06:08 PM
yes dreambox edit is just for your channels other things remain the same. This box is like the dreambox same engima2 and you do know dreambox dont you ?

Nope.... Just switched from my trusty old TM6900 super+

I have managed to update the firmware, get the usals working, install a 1 TB hardrive. I have scanned the satellites that I'm interested in and ended up with an awful of unwanted channels which I would like to delete. It has taken me quite a while to get this far! It's all new to me... A new learning curve. my main concerns is losing everything I've done so far and having to start from scratch. I'll download Dreambox edit have a look and possibly ask what may seem to some as silly questions.

RATIUS

RATIUS
09-09-2011, 06:09 PM
I've got a duo but I doubt there is a difference.

With the remote hit menu. Then setup. Then backup system settings.

That's the backup sorted!

goldfrap
19-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the info very helpfull cheers goldfrap

naveh
26-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Is it possible to upload channel list saved from dreambox using dreamboxedit.