PDA

View Full Version : EPL on HD

Thom
13-09-2011, 03:01 PM
I've got a 5000SD with a 90cm dish, looks like Nova gone forever. Can't pick up Tring on 16E without a bigger dish, which is not an option. Thinking of getting a HD box which would give me more channels. Is anyone getting EPL on stronger sats , Hotbird, Astra, Hispasat?

Thanks Thom

echelon
13-09-2011, 03:09 PM
I've got a 5000SD with a 90cm dish, looks like Nova gone forever. Can't pick up Tring on 16E without a bigger dish, which is not an option. Thinking of getting a HD box which would give me more channels. Is anyone getting EPL on stronger sats , Hotbird, Astra, Hispasat?

Thanks Thom

no , not really

I had to resort to atlas tv on 16e and diema on 39e last weekend

16e may come good in october when w3c launches , and they swap over from the 3 old birds

tommo1
13-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks Echelon for that, will this new bird be in more or less the same orbit,the reason why I ask is
at present my signal for 16% east is quite strong. What I am saying is I dont particulary want to mess
about with my setup at the moment in time tommo1:)

fatbloke67
13-09-2011, 06:17 PM
don't forget the Polish package on Hotbird

Canal+ Sport HD (on 11278V 27500) had the QPR game on last night

echelon
14-09-2011, 12:49 PM
What game cleared last weekend on Atlas echelon please.

well the manu game was deffo on it , which was my point regarding diema and atlas tv

as for the swapover , the new satellite at 16e will replace the 3 old ones , and I assume they will be retired or moved to do something else

so yes its at the same position ( obviously ) , yes it will be a stronger signal ( obviously ) and yes I expect we will be mucking about with transponder changes , but we wont know until it rockets up there on the 15th of october or so

its a shame the last one failed a year ago , otherwise we would have 16e done and dusted by now

tommo , things change and we adapt , get used to it :D