PDA

View Full Version : probs with s/b hd900 and v-box

harrydocuk
14-09-2011, 08:56 AM
hi all am having a few problems when changing sat. from 28e to 30w i have all the sats tuned in but lately i have found that say moving from 28e to 30w i get no signal when it reaches 30w go into motor setup and just nudge the dish very lightly w and i get a picture store it , and move somewhere else it could be spot on or just a short nudge w and up comes a picture. move back to 30w and it could be ok or it might need a slight nudge west. i am using an Actuator, v-box and spiderbox,
any suggestions on the matter ? could the v-box be knackered. ?

Burnham
14-09-2011, 01:37 PM
One posibility to check is that the dish is firmly mounted. Check dish by holding your dish, moving it gently, and seeing if it moves. If the dish moves it could be a loose/faulty mount or a failing 36v mοtor.

I had this problem with an old 36v mοtor and solved the problem by replacing the mοtor. Could also have fixed the problem by stripping the mοtor and refurbishing the gear mechanism.

harrydocuk
14-09-2011, 01:52 PM
have taken your advice and checked the dish and there is a slight movement in the Actuator arm when i pull and push the dish i have had it for some time. so i guess you have solved the problem for me m8.
thank you very much.

Burnham
14-09-2011, 01:59 PM
If that's the answer I'm glad I helped.

If you have mechanical skills you could try stripping the actuator. I tried this and failed - I couldn't get the actuator rod out of the casing as the securing nut was too firmly stuck in. But over the years other posts have suggested that once you get the rod out of the casing it is possible to tighten up the actuating screw?/nut? and get it working properly again.

harrydocuk
14-09-2011, 02:08 PM
think it will be a new one Burnham don't fancy taking it apart, again thank you for your help.