PDA

View Full Version : flashing a DM800 clone from serial port after 'no CA found' error ...

wallycharlo
19-09-2011, 10:35 AM
All,

I tried to flash a DM800 clone with Gemini v4.6 over Ethernet, ended up getting the 'no CA found' problem, and box wont boot. Now have a usb-to-serial cable on the way in order to flash it via dreamup and serial port, my question are the following ...

1 : Is the Gemini v4.6 image a bad one to put on DM800 clone?

2 : On reading around for a solution to this problem, the guide seems to say that I need to first flash a bootloader before flashing the image. Is this really the case, even if I want to use just one image?

cheers ... Wally

Dave5118
19-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Better to get a 'patched' image for a clone. Official images are full of problems for clones, especially at the moment. There should be a forum that's supports your clone, be it Ferrari or Sim 2.

wallycharlo
19-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks Dave.

I'm a bit lost as to 'be it Ferrari or Sim 2' can you please elaborate a little?

-Wally

passete
19-09-2011, 03:03 PM
They are 2 Clones team's, one is called Ferrari and the other Sim !
You need find from which of 2, your box belongs !
Them, find a patched image for your sim clone.

Dave5118
19-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Usually the easiest way to find out which your box belongs to is to ask the person
You bought it from. If that's not an option, then you may have to remove the cover
And have a look at the sim itself. The ferrari's is usually red with the sim 2 teams white.

Dig Deep
20-09-2011, 05:24 AM
There is also a patched DreamUp.
You must know what bootloader You have, usually seen when the box starts. Goes from 72 and up to 84.

If You search this site You will find all You need.

wallycharlo
22-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks All.

I have found out since that the box is Sim2.01, and have also found a site with lots of images for this box.

Can I just flash one of these images via serial cable and patched dream-up, or must I first of all flash a bootloader ? ...

-Wally

Dig Deep
23-09-2011, 06:51 AM
Usually they have a bootloader so just upgrade - think it will work fine. However use the right image, some will upgrade the bl as well.