PDA

View Full Version : Motor Control ?

echelon
23-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Hi

last night I wanted to reset a tm motor that thought that 25e was actually thor , so I checked the manual
( page 17 ) and looked for motor control in the menu in order to reset this rogue motor , but I could not find it anywhere in this menu at all

on checking the tm2600 motor there was a reset button in a hole so used a meat skewer in order to reset it (it flashed to amber and then back to green)

the motor behaved normally after this and I was able to tweak it until it tracked the arc correctly

my question is :-

where has motor control disappeared to ?

is in in a hidden menu somewhere ?

or has it been lost in all the changed patches ?

a lot of motors do not have this reset button , so I was lucky in this case , a lot of my older boxes do have this facility however as I have used it before

sometimes it is used to set east-west limits to stop a dish hitting a wall , so I would appreciate knowing where to access it , if possible ?

thanks

^^COMPASS^^
23-09-2011, 10:56 AM
1. Press MENU on remote & browse to MOTER SETUP press ok
2. scroll down to COMMAND
2. scroll using right arrow button until you see GO TO CENTRE press ok
3. you will see a message displayed COMMAND EXECUTED
4. then press EXIT

you also have the option to Recalculate Position in Command options

I Used to use a TM motor & found motor drift whilst using USALS, switching to Diseqc solved this.

But i moved on to Supreme Intelligent Dark Motor which works with USALS & Diseqc

echelon
23-09-2011, 11:49 AM
thanks for that , just been scrolling through those commands and they are all there , set east limit , goto centre , recalculate , etc , so that explains it