PDA

View Full Version : the THREE network - anyone using it...?

ManikM
23-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Ive was with O2 for years, and have been with Vodafone for a year, but to be honest, i dont rate Vodafones data network that much.

Im thinking of trying out THREE.

Anyone using it for data, what you think of it, maybe i could get a PAYG sim and test it out.

^^Salih15^^
23-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Lycamobile is best

dog-man
23-09-2011, 08:06 PM
3 is ok.
Seems no worse or better than the big two coverage wise.

I have their 'all you can eat' data plan so have no worries about incurring extra charges.

dog-man

bs20ger
23-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Been with 3 for 6 months used for my business, and can't complain. Only additional charges I've had were for ringing a so called personalised numbers when the wife spent a night in hospital.

Detlef
24-09-2011, 01:20 AM
When I'm in the UK I use a T-Mob/Orange sim. What is surprising is how bad coverage is once you get away from a town or main road.

The canal system has almost no coverage - even standing on the roof of a narrowboat. I tend to rely on pubs with free WiFi plus good old Skype for voice calls.

markinstien
24-09-2011, 01:31 AM
My wife transferred her orange number to them a couple of years ago she constantly missed calls, they went to her answerphone, I couldring her holding her phone with a full signalon it and it would still go to her answerphone ,she failed to get messages , they just did not arrive, it was hopeless they could not solve the problem,if you are taking your number to them I would not recommend it.

kmc
24-09-2011, 10:21 AM
customer service is worse than the pits,i had loads of probs with a phone,i had to send it back 4 times and then eventually they replaced it with a refurbished one,which eventually packed up on me with the same fault as my original one.when i complained in one of the many phone calls i had with them i was basically called a liar(words to that effect)
would never deal with them again
just my two penneth
cheers
kmc

speedy_04
24-09-2011, 10:39 AM
i was using one of their dongles and was shown that i was in their highest HSDPA signal area, but yet i could not go above GPRS signal wise. would not go anywhere near them tbh

dog-man
24-09-2011, 11:18 AM
My experience with 3 uk customer services is that they are excellent but annoying.

I have a problem where at my place of work when I first went over to 3, the signal level was fine. about a month or so after that the signal was poor and very hit and miss.
I went online and complained via one of their web based forms.

Since then I have been given weekly updates by telephone about the problem. There is faulty equipment and they are awaiting parts to fix two of the masts in the area where I work.

Until it is fixed my monthly contract payment has been suspended and will only restart when I confirm the signal is fine again.

It does seem that their customer service is based abroad but they are very polite and very helpful. I said at the beginning that they are also annoying. That is because although they mean well, they ring every week informing me that I have not been forgotten and it will be fixed. I do find that annoying. I would rather have a call when it is fixed as long as they continue to not charge me any monthly payments.

I am happy with 3 UK.

dog-man

cosworth4x4
03-02-2012, 09:53 PM
3 is ok.
Seems no worse or better than the big two coverage wise.

I have their 'all you can eat' data plan so have no worries about incurring extra charges.

dog-man

im considering an all you can eat data package , how has it been is it really all you can eat or is there a hidden limit fair use in there some-ware,
cheers.

brainstormm666
04-02-2012, 12:21 PM
i used Three some time ago and found them to be ok

the customer service was fine but the signal (here in north wales) was not that good in some places

the deal at the time was very good as well and renewed the crontract at the time

the most annoying problem i had was carphone warehouse sold my details on to slammers.....

Dean sat
04-02-2012, 02:08 PM
I find them very good and if you go through quidco to the 3 site you will get £150 cash back as I did.
All the best Dean.

Keano
04-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I dumped Virgin mobile because of poor customer service and switched mine, wife and daughters phone to 3 and have not looked back since.

The only down side for me is the coverage is not as good as other providers. I have a works mobile on orange and have noticed when I'm out driving round the North West in my truck that 3 can have no signal but orange is OK. Not good if you get stuck on the Cat and Fiddle at this time of year.

g ali
04-02-2012, 04:37 PM
been with since they started because of the minutes i get .quite happy with them on a 500 minutes and 1 gig data

cosworth4x4
04-02-2012, 06:26 PM
I find them very good and if you go through quidco to the 3 site you will get £150 cash back as I did.
All the best Dean.

that is a very good offer ,expires in 32 hours so may jump in now even before my contract with vodaphone expires.

Dean sat
04-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Yes I got the HTC Sensation £32 a month and £150 cash back best phone I have had
All the best Dean.

cosworth4x4
04-02-2012, 08:27 PM
yeah i had to take the offer to good to pass buy, thanks .:respect-055:

what area are you from dean sat.

whitey1963
04-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Been with 3 for over 5 years now value for money hard to beat , but when my current contract runs out i will stay with them on their rolling payg deal which looks great providing your not after a flash phone.

Dean sat
05-02-2012, 12:42 PM
From Llanelli also work in Neath.
All the best Dean.

cosworth4x4
05-02-2012, 12:50 PM
use to work in llanelli the main dealer sandy rd, :respect-055:

the dudez
26-02-2012, 03:47 PM
im wth 3 and have to say they are the best for data /tethering

cosworth4x4
26-02-2012, 08:04 PM
yeah i took the contract so far very good , not been any-ware that ive had no coverage .

chilledin
21-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi, been with orange (nothing nowhere ..as now called)
for last twelve years, and tried payg sim 200mins 3000txts unlimited inter.
(for 15.00 /mnth)
down to lincolnshire (from n/east uk return to scotland (glasgow area)
with hardly any dropouts... 100 times better than orange.
Oh and the unlimited inter faster quicker and un.........limit....ed.
Cant wait till contract ends with nn in september:applause-003:

rasp
21-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Got a S2 with them had it about 14 months on a two year contract 900min, 1 gig data,unlimited texts for£20.00 a months no problems with data,calls, text and email

voyager1972
22-04-2013, 07:25 AM
Was with 3 a few years back'''im in ireland,,,service was very patchy,,,never will go back''''changed to vodafone which has a great service and coverage....

williamtell
22-04-2013, 01:30 PM
ive tried most over the past 20years and like posters mention they are no worse or better than each other, always is where you live and what mast [suppose] when i had problems with 3 [indoors] they sent me a signal booster that plugged into my router absolute top signal at all times, uk coverage on the motorways etc is excellent, when you hit the wolds, dales, glens etc think they are all similar, think its still the old Hutchison group who own them with India call centre.

KES
22-04-2013, 03:05 PM
got an s3 on three.no problems at all and with all you can eat data there are no worries of extra costs.
best thing i did was leaving o2 to three.
i would reccomend it

regards
kes

xanadu
25-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Been with Orange for about 20 years which also now uses T-Mobile network, and never had any problems. Known as EE now.