PDA

View Full Version : how to update my SP9000hd

Melo01
26-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi Guys you'll have to excuse my ignorance but I am new to this and i apologise if this has been asked a thousand times b4.
Well I bought a Spiderbox 9000hd box just before last Xmas it has software version F4.25,LDR:Ver 00.21 and Hardware version 01.20.RM PTC(ok)
says last update sept 3rd 2010 im assuming it should of had an update from what im reading on here.
Well I tried going into NET SW DOWNLOAD to do an update but when i click on download it says connected stays like that for a while then changes to update fail. As i said I am new to this and any help would be much appreciated. I do get some channels still but i gather Im supposed to get a few more working and maybe by getting this updated I will.

thx

Melo01

echelon
26-09-2011, 10:01 AM
moved to the correct forum from gen sat chat

firstly your software it too old to do a net update

flash it with feb 2011 firmware ( after saving your channel list to usb stick and noting down your usals settings and any other settings first )

factory reset , then either flash with sep 2011 firmware from usb stick , or do the net d/l instead ( I would use usb stick )

factory reset once more , then reload channel list and set usals up again , turn n/w back on using 1111 , turn ucas on , reset keydata , add latest HDsoftcam , and test

Melo01
26-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi Guys im sorry but you lost me somewhere near the start of your reply i have a USB Stick where can i find the feb 2011 firmware or how do I do the net d/l and how do i save my channel list and reset the usals up ???? this was all set up for me by the shops engineer so i havent got a clue really I know I need to learn all about this. But i was told it self updates so i didnt think i'd needed to do anything to it. do i have to update it monthly ???? sorry to be a pain but once i've done it once hopefully i'll remember for the future
rgds

melo01

Mickha
26-09-2011, 11:33 AM
First you need to read the numerous guides:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?567-Guides-amp-FAQ

These should answer most of your questions, if you get stuck, or still experience problems, then please post back.

Aldo
26-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Just a little further info to add to the info above:

Latest patch is here:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?151281-Spiderbox-HD-patches-6-9-11-By-Boxer26

Softcam keys are here:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?140102-SpiderBox_HD-Softcam

other info here:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?130612-Setting-up-your-SpiderBox-Setup-amp-Installation-Guide

post #5 in the above section should be very helpful to you.

echelon
26-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Hi Guys im sorry but you lost me somewhere near the start of your reply i have a USB Stick where can i find the feb 2011 firmware or how do I do the net d/l and how do i save my channel list and reset the usals up ???? this was all set up for me by the shops engineer so i havent got a clue really I know I need to learn all about this. But i was told it self updates so i didnt think i'd needed to do anything to it. do i have to update it monthly ???? sorry to be a pain but once i've done it once hopefully i'll remember for the future
rgds

melo01

its a do it yourself job with this box so you need to follow all the guides

everything you need is in the spiderbox section of our forum

so if you dont read and digest you wont know , and once you have read the information supplied here , and done what is required you will find it very easy to do

we were all new once , but have to learn to do these things for ourselves , and those of us who have learned have posted guides , tools and files to help those who are still learning or about to learn

you have not been a member here long enough to have read all the info posted on our forums , so spend some time reading and learning , and as I stated before you cannot use the net d/l as your software is too old , so start learning to use your usb stick for this and forget the net d/l

I know for a fact that you didnt read our spiderbox section as you posted this thread in general sat chat and told me you didnt know we had a spiderbox section , and you posted a second thread in general chat which I deleted and warned you about , so there is no doubt in my mind that you have not read our forums here... YET !

cars dont drive themselves , and neither do spiderboxes , so either employ a chaffeur or do it yourself ;)

Melo01
26-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Thanks guys all working as it should now except i don't seem to have a Neuvoxstream or service+ in my menu anymore is that right ??? i have Net SW Download ,Home stream Server, Download EPG Data,Homeplus,Ethernet,and Newcamd server setup. oh it fails if i try to do and EPG Download,
if thats all ok looks like im good to go thx again. just 1 point wots the difference between the hdsoftcam and the firmware ???? i know it may sound a little thick but u neva know unless u ask. Im assuming firmware is the codes ????:applause-003:

Melo01
26-09-2011, 02:04 PM
:respect-023: I like your style well iv'e read some of your guides and managed to update my SP/box now so cheers for that. do the codes change regularly or just every now and then ???? and I apologise again for posting in the wrong section :blush5:

Aldo
26-09-2011, 03:43 PM
" wots the difference between the hdsoftcam and the firmware ???? i know it may sound a little thick but u neva know unless u ask. Im assuming firmware is the codes "

HD Softcam = Latest Keys to unscamble UCAS Channels

Firmware = Patch's

You will know when there has been a Firmware update, or Softcam Keys update, as they will be posted on the forum as soon as available, so you just have to read the forum as often as possible. The list below will give you some indication of which channels are open, both Ethernet & UCAS Channels:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?150873-List-Of-Channels-Opening-on-Servce-And-UCAS

echelon
26-09-2011, 04:13 PM
:respect-023: I like your style well iv'e read some of your guides and managed to update my SP/box now so cheers for that. do the codes change regularly or just every now and then ???? and I apologise again for posting in the wrong section :blush5:

channels and softcams change every week at the moment . firmware once or twice a year

Mickha
26-09-2011, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=Melo01;815842]Thanks guys all working as it should now except i don't seem to have a Neuvoxstream or service+ in my menu anymore is that right ??? QUOTE]

Ethernet has taken over from Service+, and NuevoXstream no longer exists. Just activate Ethernet, by following the same procedure as for Service+, and you can start viewing channels,

Melo01
26-09-2011, 06:40 PM
:applause-003::applause-003::respect-051: cheers guys help was much appreciated

Melo01
05-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Hi Guys are the tring channels still working as when I do a scan they don't even show up iv'e done a manual scan using the given freq on the channel list but still no joy so was wondering if they have stopped or changed freq

echelon
05-10-2011, 05:39 PM
working ok here , 11283V 27500 on 16e

Melo01
12-10-2011, 01:40 PM
:respect-037::cheers2:

Skanco
12-10-2011, 02:49 PM
This is the latest patch for the Spiderbox 9000HD

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?151901-Spiderbox-HD-patches-7-10-2011-UCAS-additions.

Always use the latest patch - Channel lists are down to personal preference. You could try Billybits list as it has been updated recently, if you need it.

Aldo
12-10-2011, 07:33 PM
I have just seen this info ref members Do's and Dont's on updating their Spiderbox's, posted by redx. Which only confirms what is in echelons latest setup procedure:

If members followed the correct procedures in the sticky threads nobody should have problems patching the box , its easy , simple and very straightforward

you save your channel list to usb stick , and note down your usals position , mac code and ip settings on a piece of paper , and any other settings like rf channel used too

you then factory reset the box , patch it , and factory reset it again

then you follow the procedures as if its a new box and reload your channel list , use 1111 to turn on the extras , and check mac code , ip settings etc

finally you turn ucas on , reset keydata and load softcam , and thats it done

nothing difficult about it

most of the problems we see are members not saving channel lists and so losing them , not turning the extras on using 1111 , not turning ucas back on , messing with mac codes or not sorting out the ip settings , despite many sticky posts explaining those details. only doing it once or twice a year means they forget , and not reading the stickies makes it worse