PDA

View Full Version : HELP! s4000 stuck on Loader L1.23

buck401
28-09-2011, 08:27 AM
stb running on f/w .94 with Loader L1.23 and Mcas. Card taken out.

I then put a USB plug with .35 f/w and proceeded to upgrade. This went OK until at some point the stb stuck with `Loader L1.23
showing on the display.

I tried to reboot - no joy. I then tried to force .28 f/w using the USB. This started with the stb USB SCAN and reading the percentage
until it stopped on 77% and reverted to Loader L1.23 on the display. And there it sticks.

Is there a fix?

I`ve downloaded Porter Express but am not sure exactly what type of cable to connect to the PC.

I have a LAN and USB cables.

I am a long way from UK and would appreciate any help to get the stb going again

echelon
28-09-2011, 08:48 AM
stb running on f/w .94 with Loader L1.23 and Mcas. Card taken out.

I then put a USB plug with .35 f/w and proceeded to upgrade. This went OK until at some point the stb stuck with `Loader L1.23
showing on the display.

I tried to reboot - no joy. I then tried to force .28 f/w using the USB. This started with the stb USB SCAN and reading the percentage
until it stopped on 77% and reverted to Loader L1.23 on the display. And there it sticks.

Is there a fix?

I`ve downloaded Porter Express but am not sure exactly what type of cable to connect to the PC.

I have a LAN and USB cables.

I am a long way from UK and would appreciate any help to get the stb going again

use a standard null modem cable ( crossover serial cable , 9 pin to 9 pin female ) and a standard desktop or tower pc running xp with a proper fifo com port

the pin wiring is as follows

2 to 3
3 to 2
5 to 5

then just fix the icecrypt using porter express or similar tools over this standard null modem cable

nb:- it does tell you this in the thread here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?144965-Porter-Express

buck401
28-09-2011, 10:15 AM
I`ve dug out an old desktop running xp. It has a 9 pin male serial on the back the same as the s4000 so I assume I need to buy a cable
that fits these.
I have`nt opened porter express yet. Will I need any software to go/load on it?

Needless to say, I`m a complete novice at this so an Idiot`s Guide is what I require.

Next, go and buy the cable!

buck401
28-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Cable bought- eventually.

Connected up and booted up the desktop connected to the stb via the null modem cable. Transferred Porter express onto the desktop together
with .28 f/w ird. Ran the porter express exe. after unzipping. Set the popup to `Software`, to `Receiver`, Com Port 1. and put in
the .28 f/w in `File`.

Clicked Download and Awaiting Transfer message appeared. Clicked Download again as nothing else happened and `Failed to open Comport
appeared.`Mutter, mutter!

Reloaded the whole lot again with the receiver off. This time when the Àwaiting Transfer`appeared, switched on stb and BINGO!! the
download worked and the stb is now running again.

Many thanks to all those helped