PDA

View Full Version : help!!! spiderbox reset after power cut

maggie
30-09-2011, 10:30 AM
hi all, we had a power cut this morning for half an hour , spiderbox is now empty as a result, got back up mem. sticks, but don't know quite how to put it all back on, don't want to do anything i shouldn't & lose the gift
any help appreciated
thanks maggie

echelon
30-09-2011, 10:36 AM
firstly , its not dead , if it powers up and you see a menu its definitely NOT dead !!

it appears to have been factory reset , as a power cut would not cause this to happen

my spiderboxes have a power cut every night as they are on mains timers to switch them off overnight and they do not lose their memory or give any problems at all

and you will definitely NOT lose any gift either !!

so now we have that out of the way , the first task is check it says september 2011 in menu system info

if that is ok , reload your channel list using the USB part of the menu , and go to NETWORK , highlight in orange and press 1111, this will turn the gift patch back on , and key edit will appear just above NETWORK

go into KEY EDIT and turn both UCAS to the ON position , reset keydata by pressing ok , exit and save

load latest HDsoftcam by compass

now set your usals back to your location ( whatever it was before )

lastly , check its connected in network to your router and your mac code is ok and not zeros

then check ETHERNET says its connected

now test your channels as normal

job done

Wossname
30-09-2011, 12:11 PM
I guess this is a timely reminder to save channels info to your stick at the end of a session especially if you've added or subtracted a few.
I know I don't do it often enough. I might go and do it right now . . .:)

echelon
30-09-2011, 12:26 PM
I guess this is a timely reminder to save channels info to your stick at the end of a session especially if you've added or subtracted a few.
I know I don't do it often enough. I might go and do it right now . . .:)

just done mine too , although I do mine weekly , takes seconds to do and saves hours of work

anybody who DOESNT backup their channel list is a d******d LOL :D

keith mawer
30-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Echelon a question plz..
Any reason you use a timer on your receiver,, ??,
I guess a lot of m8s ,, keep it in standbye with the redlight on.

echelon
30-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Echelon a question plz..
Any reason you use a timer on your receiver,, ??,
I guess a lot of m8s ,, keep it in standbye with the redlight on.

yes m8 , several reasons , and I fully explained it all to you months ago in one of your threads on here :D

johnhenry
30-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Have to agree with you echelon i think this has been dicussed several times. I have switched mine off at the rear every night since i set it up July 2010, had it turned off while away on holiday for a week and still worked perfectly on return. Certainly saves on electricity and the box gets a clean start when switched on.

keith mawer
30-09-2011, 07:56 PM
thanks for your help echelon! .. as always!!!!!!!!:king-042:

echelon
30-09-2011, 08:05 PM
thanks for your help echelon! .. i was only asking!!!!

and I was only telling !! LOL

why are you asking AGAIN when you were given all the info back in march ?

here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?148055-service-seems-down!!&highlight=clock+timer

do you not read the answers already given to you ? or do you have alzheimers ?

surely its a common courtesy to read answers given to you in your threads , and not ask the same question twice

not only that you hi jacked maggie`s thread too , which is against forum rules and forum etiquette

read post 1 , and answer it , that is the aim of any thread , not starting your own topics within somebody elses thread , especially when you were given the same info in one of your own

those are MY points to you , hopefully you will read both threads and be somewhat wiser in future ;)

my sincere apologies maggie , to have allowed your thread to be sidetracked in this manner , just read my reply in post 2 for your solution

fernandez
01-10-2011, 02:46 PM
@maggie

Are you up and running again?