PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Basi

Basi
01-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi all!

I can't create my profile yet, but I'm in London, UK and have a TM-1500+ super with a 1m dish. It can't quite 'see' Hotbird, but can get 19.2e, and nearly half way round from there to (I hope) something around 7.0w. The motor consists of two hands and a spanner. ;-)

I've just got my greedy paws on a Diablo 2.3 cam and am fumbling my way around learning how to use it. Underworld 218 turned out to be for the wifi version and only 'pretended' to load. I had the same experience with v2.17, but v2.16 loaded fine.

I then replaced the keys, XML files and added CAIDs but aren't sure if I used the newest, best (or even appropriate) ones. I must have done something right, as it opened a good few new channels on 19.2e.

I also installed Fausto, but won't play with it unless there's something to be gained.

As a newb to cam programming, I've found the sat-sites' FAQs and tutorials invaluable, but they can't provide the kind of answers that change with the weather. So here are my first two silly questions...

1) What should I have on the cam? Please bear in mind that I don't even know whether "RDiablo" key updates are the same as "Diablo" ones or if I can have Fausto and U/W sets on there simultaneously.

2) I'd like to park the dish where I'm most likely to access channels or feeds of 3pm kick-offs. At the moment, which sats offer my best chances?

TIA

Have a great weekend everyone!

Basi

Bod
09-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi , hello and welcome to SatPimps :)

Bod

PS. best to ask about the diablo in the diablo section ;)