PDA

View Full Version : to anyone who uses mgcamd and icvs image on a 800se

clive01
14-10-2011, 12:17 AM
hi, i cant clear kabel digital home on 23 east in nagra, all the keys are updated and correct.

If i use the same keys with mgcamd 135a nemesis image the package clears fine, but it wont work for me using the icvs image.

I can clear other channels no problem using keys, so the keys are in the correct folders etc.

Anyone got any ideas please, Ive tried mgcamd 135a to 137, Ive rescanned the channels, but no luck.

thanks

clive01
14-10-2011, 06:00 PM
ive noticed if i try to few this package then select another package it wont clear until the cam is restarted.

i wonder if this is a bug in mgcmad, but if it is why does it clear using nemesis image?

clive01
15-10-2011, 02:58 PM
ok another question............anyone any idea when images for the 800se will stop being experimental, don't really matter, just wondering .

passete
15-10-2011, 03:20 PM
well, if they stop to be experimental, better to get rid of the box, and as soon as possible !
As all teams use those images to make their own images.

clive01
15-10-2011, 03:54 PM
well, if they stop to be experimental, better to get rid of the box, and as soon as possible !
As all teams use those images to make their own images.

I took that experimental wording, to mean its in like beta stage, something Ive learnt today.

jimrare
15-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Experimental means that there are new features added, that didn't exist in a previous stable version which have known bugs that are being worked on. What realy matters is whether the bug is noticeable as most of the times you wouldn't even know one existed. I am using the same image more than 18months now and i can't remember when i did my last restart!

clive01
15-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Experimental means that there are new features added, that didn't exist in a previous stable version which have known bugs that are being worked on. What realy matters is whether the bug is noticeable as most of the times you wouldn't even know one existed. I am using the same image more than 18months now and i can't remember when i did my last restart!

out of interest which image do you use please, do you have a hard drive in your 800se.

thx

jimrare
15-10-2011, 09:34 PM
I am using the very first icvs image that got released. About your problem with mgcamd, it seems that it is not started properly for some reason (possibly something wrong with the startup script?). You can do a
ps -e from telnet and see what processes are running. However when you do a restart, mgcamd starts up with no problems.

clive01
15-10-2011, 09:49 PM
I am using the very first icvs image that got released. About your problem with mgcamd, it seems that it is not started properly for some reason (possibly something wrong with the startup script?). You can do a
ps -e from telnet and see what processes are running. However when you do a restart, mgcamd starts up with no problems.

hi thanks for the reply, im using icvs image as well, overall i love the image, i have 2 problems both minor.

problem one
sometimes ill record no problem onto the hard drive, other times i get a message about some kind of timer record, a reboot cues the problem.

Problem 2
Is the digital kabel package, which i think isn't an image problem itself i guess, but it does work with nemesis image, (using the same key files), so i guess there is a bug in the icvs mgcamd version.

Can u try kabel package on 23 east if possible and see if it clears for you please.

typing in that command into dcc it then comes up with lots of data, but it still wont clear the package with correct keys inside.

thanks

brain
15-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi Hazardboy
As you probably know I have the 8000, but I am wondering if the image problem may be with the Mgcamd1.37 you are using along with the 1.35a - there could be some conflict with .cfg and/or bin files. Worth a try. I had some with other sats not clearing and decided to just remove the others Mgcamds and go with 1.37. You say Nem runs fine - then why not stay with it? I think I ran through the ones that run easily as we progress in knowledge on these boxes - PP2.3, Nemesis and OOzoon. If you want to try it then use Glass utility and you can download the cams you need. I also use the satangelskeyupdater - makes life easier.
HDDs have been a source of discussion here too. Problems often occur with usb mounted ones - I believe the 800se can have an internal mounted one - I bought a simple 1.5TB from a certain high street store and that has run faultlessly, along with DVD writer/player. if I am misunderstanding where you are at I apologise. Good Luck - Brain

clive01
15-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Hi Hazardboy
As you probably know I have the 8000, but I am wondering if the image problem may be with the Mgcamd1.37 you are using along with the 1.35a - there could be some conflict with .cfg and/or bin files. Worth a try. I had some with other sats not clearing and decided to just remove the others Mgcamds and go with 1.37. You say Nem runs fine - then why not stay with it? I think I ran through the ones that run easily as we progress in knowledge on these boxes - PP2.3, Nemesis and OOzoon. If you want to try it then use Glass utility and you can download the cams you need. I also use the satangelskeyupdater - makes life easier.
HDDs have been a source of discussion here too. Problems often occur with usb mounted ones - I believe the 800se can have an internal mounted one - I bought a simple 1.5TB from a certain high street store and that has run faultlessly, along with DVD writer/player. if I am misunderstanding where you are at I apologise. Good Luck - Brain

hi, ive tried just mgcamd 135a on its own 137 also on its own, makes no difference.

I download the cams via the blue button, i clear other channels with keys no problems, but not kabel package on 23e,

When using my own key files on nemesis image the kabel package on 23 east clears, using the same keys with icvs image it wont clear.

The reason for not using nemesis image, is because as soon as the dreambox is rebooted, i have to wipe my hard drive to use it, i have posted about that on here, i ever could fix it when using nemesis image, and as soon as i switched to icvs image the problem went.

brain
15-10-2011, 10:49 PM
@Hazardboy7
The reason for not using nemesis image, is because as soon as the dreambox is rebooted, i have to wipe my hard drive to use it, i have posted about that on here, i ever could fix it when using nemesis image, and as soon as i switched to icvs image the problem went.

I have read and answered this before, and go back to the internal feature. I have used all images[Nem,PP,OOzoon, Pli and Icvs] since installing mine internally and there has never been a problem. Separate usb plugins seem to cause more problems and conflict.It may be worth considering. Ill have a rethink re the cam. Cant try some cam things atm as watchiing aprog my wife might be cross if I interrupt. Will try tomorrow. Brain

jimrare
16-10-2011, 10:54 AM
typing in that command into dcc it then comes up with lots of data, but it still wont clear the package with correct keys inside.
As i said this command shows you which processes are running.You want to see if MgCamd is in that list You could have scrolled with your mouse, however try this command
ps -e | grep -i MgCamd. If nothing comes up then mgcamd simply isn't running and obviously you wont be able to clear anything. If it does come up then post back which version you are using.

Another question is how did you install MgCamd as no cams are available in icvs images via the blue button. Did you download it from a feed? if yes which one, manually? if yes where did you download it from.

clive01
16-10-2011, 12:14 PM
hi, i downloaded the cam via a plugin via the tunisiasat addons manger feed, all other channels work fine using keys (sorry not via the blue panel as i said should of been via plugin menu)

could u try and see if you can clear this package if you are using icvs image with mgcamd please.

when i select 123 tv on 23 east and type in the command you posted i get this message and nothing else using mgcamd 137..............

18056 root 2584s grep -i mgcamd

is that a good sign or not??

just did a manual install of mgcamd 137, downloaded the file from here called gp-cam-mgcamd_1.37-r0_mipsel again works fine on all the channels that i can clear via keys, but not on the kabel package.

thanks

clive01
16-10-2011, 02:23 PM
hi, Ive seen something on the net about altering the replace list for 23 east nagra, using mgcam. maybe this is the answer, i don't have anything in my replace list to do with this package, anyone got the needed files please i guess the ignore list the priority list.

thank you

jimrare
16-10-2011, 02:38 PM
At some point you said

ive noticed if i try to few this package then select another package it wont clear until the cam is restarted.
and then you say
i get this message and nothing else using mgcamd 137..............

18056 root 2584s grep -i mgcamdIs this still the case because the ps command shows that mgcamd is not running.

I cannot test if mgcamd will clear the mentioned channels because i cannot receive that sat.

clive01
16-10-2011, 03:31 PM
At some point you said

and then you say Is this still the case because the ps command shows that mgcamd is not running.

I cannot test if mgcamd will clear the mentioned channels because i cannot receive that sat.

yes as i wrote, that's correct, as soon as i go to the kabel home package on 23 east, it seems to stop clearing any channel that uses mgcamd, restarting the cam cures this, until i go to the package again, then the same happens.

To be honest i think this is a bug in the mgcamd version for gp3, if anyone here can receive this sat and uses icvs image with an 800se please can they try the package, that would help me massively
thanks

jimrare
16-10-2011, 06:21 PM
What you wrote contradicts each other. You cannot clear a channel wiithout using a cam, in your case mgcamd.
First of all tune to a fta channel. Then
1. Do a "ps -e | grep -i mgcam" to see if mgcamd is running. Is it? Answer with a yes or no.
If the answer to 1 is no then restart your cam and goto step 2, otherwise go to step 3.
2. Do a "ps -e | grep -i mgcam" to see if mgcamd is running after the cam restart. If it is not, then there is something really wrong. Hopefully the cam is now running so goto step 3.
3. Tune to an encrypted channel. See if the channel is clearing. If it stops clearing for whatever reason do a "ps -e | grep -i mgcam" and see if your cam is still running.

sonic1
16-10-2011, 06:29 PM
@hazzardboy7 what does the Mgcamd log show ? Debug and see what is going on.

clive01
16-10-2011, 06:35 PM
the cam runs on a free to air channel, no problem when i do the command

i then go to a scrambled channel using keys on 4.8 east cam running fine and clears it, cam running fine says so on the command

i then go to kable home on 23 east, cam refuses to clear, cam wont run when i do the command

back to the channel i was watching a few seconds earlier on 4.8 east, cam wont run and no picture says so i n the command

restart cam it clears it, as i said this cam works fine, until i go to kabel on 23 east.

I really could do with someone using ivcs image to see if they are clearing this package.

ok here is a screen cap

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/unled1xvf.jpg/

the red box is on a free to air channel................channel working of coarse
the blue box is it clearing 4.8 east via keys.................channel clearing no problem
the purple box is me trying to view kabel on 23 east..........wont clear channel keys added etc
the green box is me trying to view 4.8 east and the cam is not running..........back to 4.8 via keys, and the cam isnt running, a restart is need

clive01
16-10-2011, 06:57 PM
hi, this shows it pretty much what is happening, ive blurred some of the keys.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/8/unled2ka.jpg/
it picture shows the channel on 4.8 clearing, then in the log it stops as the dish is moving, then u can see the error message etc as mgcamd tries to decode the channel

anyone got any ideas whats going on here?

thanks

jimrare
17-10-2011, 06:50 PM
I guess the error message has to do with a missing library that mgcamd needs, in order to clear the specific channels, and thats why it crashes. Its not exactly an image error, as mgcamd assumes the library already exists. Someone who knows how mgcamd works, will be appropriate to answer what exactly is needed.

clive01
17-10-2011, 06:58 PM
agreed, please if anyone can fix this, or has more info please reply here.

I love the icvs image, and this small problem, is the only thing against me using it.

So if u can help with this being fixed please do so, as it cant be just me affected.

Is there anyone i can contact, who has been making these new versions of mgcamd, is he a member on this forum???

thank you

clive01
18-10-2011, 02:28 PM
hi, just as a test i installed cccam and it clears kabel home 23 east no problem using icvs image

Can anyone tell me who makes the gp3 mgcamd, maybe they would like to know of this problem.

thanks

clive01
20-10-2011, 01:06 PM
hi, ive found out these new version patched versions of mgcamd come from D2MAC, would the bug be in mgcamd itself or would it just be in the version for gp3?

thanks

jimrare
20-10-2011, 01:45 PM
A bug is a situation where your software isn't working as expected due to wrong code. Most times people use ready libraries, in order to speed up development time or keep their code size short. This approach however expects that the library already exists within your system.

To answer your question, it is not a bug of either side. It is a fault from mgcamd that is expecting something that doesn't exist in gp3 images, however this component does exist in other images as you have already noticed.

clive01
20-10-2011, 03:40 PM
A bug is a situation where your software isn't working as expected due to wrong code. Most times people use ready libraries, in order to speed up development time or keep their code size short. This approach however expects that the library already exists within your system.

To answer your question, it is not a bug of either side. It is a fault from mgcamd that is expecting something that doesn't exist in gp3 images, however this component does exist in other images as you have already noticed.

thanks, so any ideas how i can sort this problem other than using cccam.
If its an image problem, would it be useful to post on IVCS forum, problem is most of the site is not in English

brain
20-10-2011, 03:57 PM
i have been watching this thread and one thing puzzles me. There are several emus out there and several versions of each. It is just conceivable that mgcamd is missing something for this particular bouquet -CAID or something else. i have a similar problem with mezzo -try as hard as i can it will not open on DB with cccam so i just run most of the time on scam.But if you have two or three emus on the image then one will probably do it and you will have to use that emu for this bunch of channels? Or am I being very stupid here? Good Luck - Brai n

passete
20-10-2011, 03:59 PM
thanks, so any ideas how i can sort this problem other than using cccam.
If its an image problem, would it be useful to post on IVCS forum, problem is most of the site is not in English

Like in most forum's, you have a english section !

And i guess that you can post the problem there.

clive01
20-10-2011, 04:28 PM
i have been watching this thread and one thing puzzles me. There are several emus out there and several versions of each. It is just conceivable that mgcamd is missing something for this particular bouquet -CAID or something else. i have a similar problem with mezzo -try as hard as i can it will not open on DB with cccam so i just run most of the time on scam.But if you have two or three emus on the image then one will probably do it and you will have to use that emu for this bunch of channels? Or am I being very stupid here? Good Luck - Brai n

hi, no your not being not stupid, in the least, im having to switch to cccam to watch kabel, which i must admit is not very often, it works fine with that cam, but crashes with mgcam.

I dont think im missing anything in my files, as the same files work fine with mgcamd and nemesis image.

clive01
20-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Like in most forum's, you have a english section !

And i guess that you can post the problem there.

i think ill make a post on thre about this, wonder if they will just say its a problem with mgcam and not our image, after all cccam works fine on th image on this package, but lets see.

thx

passete
20-10-2011, 04:48 PM
yeah, and talking about softcam is not welcome in many forums !

clive01
20-10-2011, 04:56 PM
yes waste of time, posted a thread and closed in seconds.

brain
20-10-2011, 05:25 PM
I would live with having to change cam. It doesnt seem that there is an image problem and while there are not many flaws with the Db's there have been threads in the past where only certain cams run certain things. Hope you get an answer - Cheers - Brain