PDA

View Full Version : Newcamd

oldjiver
14-10-2011, 11:34 AM
I am about to start reading up on how to use the ethernet connection on my TM6900HD super combo. To start me off just a simple question... I understand that the TM uses Newcamd not CCCam. I have been looking at the menu on my box and under 8281 there is the option to enter des-key etc. QUESTION does this mean I have Newcamd installed ? or is there more to do?

echelon
14-10-2011, 11:37 AM
I am about to start reading up on how to use the ethernet connection on my TM6900HD super combo. To start me off just a simple question... I understand that the TM uses Newcamd not CCCam. I have been looking at the menu on my box and under 8281 there is the option to enter des-key etc. QUESTION does this mean I have Newcamd installed ? or is there more to do?

I cannot tell you if your box uses cccam or newcamd

but the deskey is used for newcamd and as standard its 0102030405060708091011121314

obviously you need to get the other details yourself , hostname , port , name and password

and you need the places to put them into as well

holmroad
14-10-2011, 05:58 PM

Not true mate, with the latest patches we have the choice of BOTH Newcam AND Cccam - I most certainly have with my TM6900HD Super using patch 741P!:respect-051:

oldjiver
15-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Thankyou Echelon & Holmrod. That simpifies it a lot. I have found places where the hostname port, etc are. So here goes!!!!

oldjiver
19-10-2011, 12:40 PM
51601Attached a photo of the newcamd edit page on my tm6900super. I have been looking up free servers and have found one. Trouble is the info is different. e.g. "HOST" something.org. and "USER" Nothing for address or i.d.. Any help appreciated.

echelon
19-10-2011, 01:28 PM
51601Attached a photo of the newcamd edit page on my tm6900super. I have been looking up free servers and have found one. Trouble is the info is different. e.g. "HOST" something.org. and "USER" Nothing for address or i.d.. Any help appreciated.

where it says ID, put the login name you were given

where it says password , put in the user password you were given

the deskey is the default and probably correct , or check what you were given and use it if its different

the address is where you put the host server address you were given

the port is where you put in the port number you were given

then save it and test it

the format is the same for most boxes , including spiderboxes or similar boxes , never mind your technomate

gasth404
19-10-2011, 01:36 PM
"HOST" = address
"USER" = i.d..
but you find very seldom free server what works