PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a new motor

BeeKay
20-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi All,

I am thinking about buying a new motor for my set up and wondered if anyone has a Supreme intellegent Dark Motor with LED display Supreme Intelligent Dark Motor with LED Display and metal gears diSEqC 1.2 USALS dish motor that our sponsers sell.

I have a diSEqC motor at present but would like a motor capable of diSEqC and USALS that I can use with my Spiderbox and wondered if the motor above is a good buy or is there an alternative motor at a similar price that could be recommended.

Thanks in advance,

BeeKay

echelon
20-10-2011, 07:11 PM
I would say its top of my hit list if I was buying one , with the SUPERIOR version a close second , and a tem2600 as third , all metal gears

and I do not think I would consider anything else either , having had a stab and a motek , both of which did usals and diseqc

so when I renew mine , its likely to be that SUPREME that I buy

Wossname
20-10-2011, 08:43 PM
I have a dark motor but not the LED one.
It is a good stable motor and I have not experienced the drift that I got with the TM.
I'm glad I chose it.

xanadu
21-10-2011, 09:55 AM
I also have the Superior Dark Motor (No LED), and it works perfectly.

gbmitie
21-10-2011, 04:57 PM
and I can vouch for the dark motor as well, works like a dream, I think the led is a gimmick.

and with billybits channel list he has a Horizinatal dummy channel for each sat so motor whizzes round to each sat.

great value

gbmitie

OKI_320
21-10-2011, 08:35 PM
both using a dark motor and technomate 2600 fantastic motors

paulus
21-10-2011, 09:13 PM
I have the Supreme Intelligent Dark motor (my first since a Jaeger 36v motor) and a Spiderbox. Only had it a couple of weeks. Very easy to set-up, no issues at all, whilst at the dish you can move it manually to a sat position - but I didn't really use that. I just set up the SB, told it my location, told it to go to 0.8W, then moved the dish until the picture came in. USALS is brilliant - nothing else to do, lock it down, go inside and enjoy. Unless you are doing this with a sat meter and no-one indoors I suspect the LED is a bit superflous - but no doubt others will disagree.