PDA

View Full Version : Hi All ! Can anyone answer a question on the 3000?

Alfieboy1973
23-10-2011, 10:27 AM
I am thinking of buying one of these boxes as they seem great for novices like myself, however does anyone know if they can decrypt the 7 day EPG from Sly ??

joshjess
23-10-2011, 12:42 PM
No just now and next only

Sat A Light
23-10-2011, 12:44 PM
I don't think so, but I'm open to correction on that.

Can I ask why this particular model? I have one and a Spiderbox 9000HD. I'm a complete newcomer and I prefer the latter but obviously that's just a personal preference.

echelon
23-10-2011, 01:10 PM
only a sly box can decrypt the sly epg !!

Alfieboy1973
23-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the replies !!

This box due to price and non linux as am a newb!!!! Was comparing against a technomate 5402 which is dearer but can decrypt the SLY EPG

Sat A Light
23-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah, price makes it attractive but limited by comparison to other boxes I gather. Then again, that's why it's a bit cheaper I guess.

Best of luck whatever you go for.

echelon
23-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the replies !!

This box due to price and non linux as am a newb!!!! Was comparing against a technomate 5402 which is dearer but can decrypt the SLY EPG

I dont think it can !!

many boxes can download an epg from the internet for the channels , but decrypting an epg is completely different

still , if you think you know best

Alfieboy1973
23-10-2011, 02:36 PM
My Bro has technomate 5402 with a patch from digiworld that allows you to decrypt the SLY EPG ...so i do know best :) and its 7 days!

Alfieboy1973
23-10-2011, 02:41 PM
seriously if it can be done on a technomate do you think someone will write a similar patch for the ICECRYPT as much better looking box than technomate!

echelon
23-10-2011, 02:42 PM
My Bro has technomate 5402 with a patch from digiworld that allows you to decrypt the SLY EPG ...so i do know best :) and its 7 days!

are you saying his box doesnt download the epg from the internet but natively decrypts it from the satellite based sly epg ?

or does it download an epg from the net like all the rest do ? ( including my S4000 HD and dreambox dm800HD and my 2 spiderboxes )

or does it download the epg from transponder 11778 on Astra2 , similar to my icecrypt S4000 HD box ?

I would say the latter , so he has to actively select that transponder to populate his epg first , otherwise he gets now and next same as most boxes , and I would say its going to get openTV-EPG over 7 days ,or something similar

Alfieboy1973
23-10-2011, 02:58 PM
\\\\\scan in 2 channels on set transponder that SLY broadcast epg set them to the two channels below channel 1 . When in EPG mode gives the full 7 day EPG from SLY. To his and my knowledge outside of a sly box this is the only brand that can do it .....allows him to set recordings over 7 days etc which is major advantage! I think he may sign up to this forum later so could tell you more about it ...

He's an installer and is far more knowledgable than I but i just confirmed it on the phone with him.

sorry two channels = 1 day epg and 2nd is 7 day epg

echelon
23-10-2011, 03:01 PM
\\\\\scan in 2 channels on set transponder that SLY broadcast epg set them to the two channels below channel 1 . When in EPG mode gives the full 7 day EPG from SLY. To his and my knowledge outside of a sly box this is the only brand that can do it .....allows him to set recordings over 7 days etc which is major advantage! I think he may sign up to this forum later so could tell you more about it ...

He's an installer and is far more knowledgable than I but i just confirmed it on the phone with him.

sorry two channels = 1 day epg and 2nd is 7 day epg

correct , the patch is allowing him to populate his epg from transponder 11778 on Astra2
This is transponder 4, frequency 11.778 Vertical polarisation, Symbol Rate 27500. FEC 2/3

so its not actively decrypting the sky epg on the fly , he has to populate it from that transponder , and if he doesnt he will revert to now and next only

if his is the only box that can do it , how come I can download an epg in a similar manner on my patched icecrypt S4000 HD ?

or download epg from the net on my spiderboxes and my dreambox

Alfieboy1973
23-10-2011, 03:05 PM
bit over my head so maybe i asked the question in the wrong way....... anyway he can see the full EPG .... can similar be done on the ICECRYPT?

echelon
23-10-2011, 03:07 PM
bit over my head so maybe i asked the question in the wrong way....... anyway he can see the full EPG .... can similar be done on the ICECRYPT?

yes , it can on my icecrypt S4000 HD

I dont think the 3000 patches allow it

and either way its not actively decrypting the sly epg "on the fly" like a sly box does

Alfieboy1973
23-10-2011, 03:11 PM
ok thanks for the update....... shame as 3000 is great price compared to technomate making it attractive option!

another mark
23-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Hi Guys,

Alfieboy is my brother & I suggested he asked this question here,

Yes its true I have a Technomate TM5402 & with a recent patch it can when tuned to the correct transponder download & decrypt the **** 7 day epg , I've had a quick read of this thread & can not see anywhere where it was claimed it could do it on the fly on any transponder like a **** box. As far as I know (& i could be wrong which is why I suggested the question be asked here) the Technomate was the only non linux box that could do the sky epg, though I think there is a fortec star box that could do similar but with the Freesat epg.
When looking for a box for my bro I noticed the specs of the TM5402 are so similar to the S3000, I was wondering if the Icecrypt S3000 had a similar patch available, from your answers it would appear not, which is a shame as it looks like fantastic value for money & as my bro said is a better looking box than the Technomate.

Thanks for your replies & maybe the 7day epg issue could be mentioned to the guy/team who write the icecrypt patches, as far as I can see this is the only thing the more expensive TM5402 has over the S3000, I would be happy to switch to supplying S3000 to customers who were intimidated by linux boxes.

Mark

echelon
23-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Hi Guys,

Alfieboy is my brother & I suggested he asked this question here,

Yes its true I have a Technomate TM5402 & with a recent patch it can when tuned to the correct transponder download & decrypt the **** 7 day epg , I've had a quick read of this thread & can not see anywhere where it was claimed it could do it on the fly on any transponder like a **** box. As far as I know (& i could be wrong which is why I suggested the question be asked here) the Technomate was the only non linux box that could do the sky epg, though I think there is a fortec star box that could do similar but with the Freesat epg.
When looking for a box for my bro I noticed the specs of the TM5402 are so similar to the S3000, I was wondering if the Icecrypt S3000 had a similar patch available, from your answers it would appear not, which is a shame as it looks like fantastic value for money & as my bro said is a better looking box than the Technomate.

Thanks for your replies & maybe the 7day epg issue could be mentioned to the guy/team who write the icecrypt patches, as far as I can see this is the only thing the more expensive TM5402 has over the S3000, I would be happy to switch to supplying S3000 to customers who were intimidated by linux boxes.

Mark

if the fileguys read this thread you would think they would try and implement it on all boxes , and as the blade is similar to the tm its already done on that one , but not the sly epg from its transponder

and you should know I stated it can be done on the S4000 HD box using openTV epg , although its nowhere near as good as the tm5402 method which I expect blade will implement more fully at some point

as for non-linux boxes , the download epg employed by linux boxes using rytek or similar was already employed by dreamboxes and the tm9100 and the vu plus boxes, and more recently the spiderbox HD models which are non-linux , possibly others too

none of the above are perfect , but it is my opinion , as per post 2 , that no box can do the actual decrypting like the sly boxes as was inferred in post 1 , although the tm5402 comes closest if you move to the default transponder and populate the epg using that method ( using the transponder details I posted )

but the answer to the question remains no , the 3000 box cannot do the same trick as the tm5402 , and neither can the S4000 either

the main point here is that facts should be put on the forum right at the start , especially for newbies who cannot tell the differences , as he admitted

too much hearsay goes on , with chinese whispers warping the facts

for most ppl a spiderbox or similar would suffice , unless they go down the linux route , or unless they try to emulate the sly plus box by using a vu+ duo with downloaded epg , or the s4000 with downloaded epg , and incorporating an internal hdd like the sly plus does

but then its all a matter of costs

I for one hope the 7 day epg method rolls out more across all boxes , but it seems to have stalled somewhat , even on the blade

another mark
23-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Hi echelon,

Thanks for your reply, It would probably have been better if I had posted as I have a bit more knowledge of correct terms etc having been around from pre dudez days, I understand the need for clear & accurate posts but as he said he was a newbie, maybe a bit of slack could cut to newbies who ask for help.
If the S3000 gains the 7 day epg both my brother & I could end up a regulars here as this is the top forum for Icecrypt info, I would be happy to contribute to any post relating to installation issues which is strongest area of knowledge.

Thanks for your time & the info given.

Mark

echelon
23-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi echelon,

Thanks for your reply, It would probably have been better if I had posted as I have a bit more knowledge of correct terms etc having been around from pre dudez days, I understand the need for clear & accurate posts but as he said he was a newbie, maybe a bit of slack could cut to newbies who ask for help.
If the S3000 gains the 7 day epg both my brother & I could end up a regulars here as this is the top forum for Icecrypt info, I would be happy to contribute to any post relating to installation issues which is strongest area of knowledge.

Thanks for your time & the info given.

Mark

no problem , but you should bear in mind you have a couple of posts in 6 years and dont help out on here at all.

I on the other hand am here every day apart from holidays , and we have to make sure clear and concise information is imparted , even to newbies , with sweeping statements corrected

if you check post 4 I said no box can do it like the sly box , and I stand by that statement , and posts 2 and 3 also said NO

nothing was said about the tm5402 until he started arguing about it in post 5 and bringing you into the convo as referee and also naming the box he thought could do the task , which wasnt even an icecrypt or oktagon , so at that point no slack will be given to anyone , especially when I have several boxes and have been a member here for over 10 years , and have been using the downloaded epg methods for several years , so I am going to start naming boxes and how its done on those boxes , including the icecrypt

maybe newbies should either learn not to argue with admins , or check their facts before posting , and also to give more details on their so called "facts"
or as you rightly point out, get the person who knows the facts to post , instead of posting hearsay

the fact is the question was answered , no icecrypt 3000 can do what was required - YET

maybe you should ask the germans what their oktagon plans are ?

job done

thread closed