PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions of 7020HD

passete
26-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Received this morning the new Baby (santa is in advance this year)

Box is well build, i found better build than 8000 !
Box is delivred with :
New Remote Model, Wireless N usb stick, Screws for internal hdd, Hdmi & power cable, Manual and the VIP card.
And 3 Tuners, 1 Sat, 1 cable and 1 Terrestrial
Litle detail, the Trap Door uses a Magnet (much better).
Connected to box (only sat, hdmi and wireless N stick), turned it on (done the usual config stuff), Connected Dcc and installed lates Barry Allen (didn't connect any hdd or usb memory), on Flash.
Installed 2 more images on Flash for now, all runing fine with 1 Gb of Flash, no need usb for multiboot !
There is no internal fan (not prepared), but box is runing a litle warm, but nothing to worry about.
Will continue playing with the baby

apriliarsvr
26-10-2011, 07:55 PM
looks good passete... which images have you tried so far... ! my box arrives early next week so look foward to your findings till then..! :sifone:

passete
26-10-2011, 08:28 PM
The ones that you are aware of, and some others !

Realy nice piece ok Kit, just stacked the new with the old 7020, and the contrast is pretty funny !

I'm getting Old :D "saudades" ! :D

apriliarsvr
26-10-2011, 09:24 PM
cool.. let us know which image you like best..! :respect-039:

passete
27-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Having some issues :

1 - it seems that the full flash memory is not yet implemented (only getting 312mb)
2 - Can't Run Multiboot on Usb memory

I guess new drivers and SS are needed

crabber
27-10-2011, 06:31 PM
What is the terrestrial tuner like, and do you know if it would fit an 8000? I don't suppose you can get UK T TV?

xanadu
27-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Looks just like my Azbox Premium+ inside. :D

passete
27-10-2011, 07:29 PM
What is the terrestrial tuner like, and do you know if it would fit an 8000? I don't suppose you can get UK T TV?

The Hybrid Tuner is quite sensitive, i can pick all the Terrestrial Channels (Some never picked before) !
Same antenna and others tuners, i just pick about 40% of the available Channels.

@xanadu, you are right, i will sell this "crap" right now, and buy an Az****, oups Azbox ... :D

apriliarsvr
27-10-2011, 08:15 PM
ss here..!

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?152134-DM7020.hd.second.stage.rar-nfi-and-ipk-file

passete
27-10-2011, 08:45 PM
ss here..!

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?152134-DM7020.hd.second.stage.rar-nfi-and-ipk-file

This is the Only and Actual One !

apriliarsvr
27-10-2011, 10:22 PM
oh... perhaps another will come out soon..!

passete
28-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Heehehhehe...

I guess that the price is well justified, i've spended 30 minutes just to disassemble it !

Very nice piece of Hardware and Software

:D Now i need a good coup of coffee to re assemble back ! :D

alaxindoo
08-11-2011, 01:48 PM
So, after nearly two weeks now, we're looking forward to knowing the rest of the story! :))

Well, your opinion about this new baby...

haji24
10-11-2011, 06:19 PM
does it have a cooling fan

haji24
10-11-2011, 06:30 PM
i am thinking of selling my DM8000 to get 7020HD

passete
10-11-2011, 06:58 PM
So, after nearly two weeks now, we're looking forward to knowing the rest of the story! :))

Well, your opinion about this new baby...

If i didn't say anything, is just because as USUAL, nothing to Say !

This is what i was excepting for, as USUAL !

Well, i can Say ... FANTASTIC..., all i need it's working, even if the box is to "young"

pixey
12-04-2012, 11:04 AM
passete, would you recomend this box over the 800SE? Can you please tell me the main advantages and differences between the two boxes.

pixey

apriliarsvr
14-04-2012, 08:45 PM
the boxes perform exactly the same.... only the 7020 has 2 tuners . so if you like to record and watch something else at the same time then the 7020 has the advantage..!

pixey
19-04-2012, 10:34 AM
the boxes perform exactly the same.... only the 7020 has 2 tuners . so if you like to record and watch something else at the same time then the 7020 has the advantage..!

apriliarsvr, is that really the only difference? I don't think I would use two tuners, maybe if one was a freeview HD tuner I would.

Thanks for your reply.

pixey

oregon
17-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi

Does this box output HDMI and scart simultaneously?

Thanks

cueball
19-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Yes it does.
You could output to your main TV via HDMI and also use the scart output to feed an RF modulator to allow you to distribute the Dreambox signal via RF to multiple TVs in your house.

heathercar
20-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Has this box got the same network card as dreambox 8000 and is it fully compatible with n standard

And how much do you think I woul get for dreambox 8000 hd 2 year old box

crabber
20-05-2012, 10:27 AM
I don't want to depress you, and I say this as a genuine 8000 owner but I can't see your box being worth too much as a new genuine 7020HD is £550 and of course a clone 8000 around £400. So with todays economic climate I would guess anyone for whom money is no object would buy a new 8000 and the rest of us would be looking for best value.

heathercar
20-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Yes I know I sought of figured that and who would pay more than .350 for it but I have to know if the network card on dreambox 7020 is fully compataiblewith n standard or if they have changrd the network card on this for an more upto date one as I'm on the way to vu box if they haven't

scrupples
20-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Yes I know I sought of figured that and who would pay more than .350 for it but I have to know if the network card on dreambox 7020 is fully compataiblewith n standard or if they have changrd the network card on this for an more upto date one as I'm on the way to vu box if they haven't

Get yourself the VU+ ultimo, very nice box and VU seem to be getting more support these days than the dreambox :)

CokeAddict
20-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Has this box got the same network card as dreambox 8000 and is it fully compatible with n standard

And how much do you think I woul get for dreambox 8000 hd 2 year old box

The last dm8000 (genuine) that I saw for sale went for £350 iirc, and that was about 9 months ago and took him a couple of weeks to shift.

In another thread on here (can't seem to find it now), i'm sure you posted that you were not happy with the lack of support that dreambox's get these days as some teams (Blackhole for example) don't support dreambox's anymore, so i'm curious as to why you would be considering replacing your 8000 with another dreambox ?

heathercar
20-05-2012, 01:12 PM
The last dm8000 (genuine) that I saw for sale went for £350 iirc, and that was about 9 months ago and took him a couple of weeks to shift.

In another thread on here (can't seem to find it now), i'm sure you posted that you were not happy with the lack of support that dreambox's get these days as some teams (Blackhole for example) don't support dreambox's anymore, so i'm curious as to why you would be considering replacing your 8000 with another dreambox ?
i am only intrested in the development and im hoping there is (hope this answer your question
i havent been on satpimps or any other satellite forums for about 6 months through continous probs with different images i just made do and made sacrafices...

i only just saw that the dm7020 hd was out and want to know more about devrloppment on dreambox that is all and im sought of hoping that maybe dreambox has made changes to network card that may be able to be implemented into the 8000 somehow as some members have allready posted on this thread asking question as to weather some things of the new 7020hd will work on the 8000...

i have no intension of buying a 7020 hd and i dont want to really sell my box to fork out more money for a cheaper one

echelon
20-05-2012, 03:16 PM
In another thread on here (can't seem to find it now), i'm sure you posted that you were not happy with the lack of support that dreambox's get these days as some teams (Blackhole for example) don't support dreambox's anymore,

so i'm curious as to why you would be considering replacing your 8000 with another dreambox ?

he deleted that thread although I have read it and you are not mistaken

eme
20-05-2012, 10:42 PM
well have to say i was looking forward to the 7020 but now have changed my mind also, there is mention yet again of dreambox heating and no fan being installed as standard, i have had that problem
on 2 other dreamboxs i own and what the 7020 would be like after a while recording i don't know. the vu+ team have better programers now and the remote control on the ultmio is far better. the vu+ultimo is also near 100.00 cheaper. so sorry chaps dream has lost my vote now. but i still love them. but money is tight and times are hard.

heathercar
20-05-2012, 11:02 PM
yup after all the complaints they have recieved about fans and heating issues etc on previous boxes you would think that this would bea feature they would have implemented but clearly not ...

this box just looks like an upgrade of the dm800 2 and it just feels like dream multimediaour are upto old tricks again sorry they have lost my vote to but i still love them none the less same there great tinkering toys lets hope one day they start to take are thoughts on board more what a shame is all i can say

oregon
20-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Now I am really confused. I was about to buy the DM7020HD but now you have got me worried about it overheating. Is this really a serious issue with this box? Does the DM800 SE have fan? Should I get that box instead?

heathercar
21-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Now I am really confused. I was about to buy the DM7020HD but now you have got me worried about it overheating. Is this really a serious issue with this box? Does the DM800 SE have fan? Should I get that box instead?

its not an issue that carnt be overcome by aid of an usb fan sat on top of the box but the point is its just more expense and time consuming for you as a customer to sought out and its not completely fair on people like yourself spending a great deal of money on a box that should unquestioably have these feature on board by now

im going for the vu utimino now as i will not wait more years and waste my time any longer with dreambox and i will just cut my losses on dreambox and get what i can as it stands i stand to lose over 500.00 on a 2 year old box and wil have to shell out another 100.00 but i would like to know more about the usb wifi adapter and its compatabilitiy with n standard routers befor i take the plunge

oregon
21-05-2012, 09:02 AM
OK, thanks. I have a Vu+ Ultimo but need a 2nd box, and was thinking of either the 800SE or the 7020HD. I will sell my DM500HD. The wireless adapter with the Ultimo is 802.11 b/g/n compliant. But, I have found the file transfer speed to be incredibly slow. I dont know if it was something I was doing wrong. Both the wired network and the wireless speed I get as 5 MB/S, which is pitiful.

heathercar
21-05-2012, 10:10 AM
that speeed is slower than dm8000 i thought this box had a faster processer ?? anyway i just used to transfer large files straight from my desktop in networkand devices that is if your image will let your computer see your dreambox hard drive or vu hard drive in network and deviceson pc as some images dont...i used to get speed of 11 mb a sec then and never got faster than 6 mb with dcc..

i think this could also be down to the fact that its usb and not on board why dm7020hd and vu ultimo have gone this route i have no idea it may be they where able to them really cheap

eme
21-05-2012, 10:47 AM
the dm800se does have a fan fitted as standard and a dam fine job it does two, you can alter the seed by remote control and mine is super. but the point is the 7020 is just to expensive compered to the v+ultimo by 100 quid and it is not worth it in any way. sorry.

heathercar
21-05-2012, 12:58 PM
no need to be sorry m8 the fact that they have chosen togo wifi usb just isnt good enough for me and it makes me question why i took dreambox on in the first place..

my main reason for buying dreambox was so many member here had pointed out dreamboxes boxes are more expensive dew to the development and research and support they offer .. there can only be 2 reasons for me why they have gon usb wifi and that is they just carnt get onboard to function as good as it should do which is why i have all the problems with my dm8000hd and there is no proper support for drivers for on board network cards and the easiest solution was to fit cheepo usb wifi cards

sonic1
21-05-2012, 03:30 PM
OK, thanks. I have a Vu+ Ultimo but need a 2nd box, and was thinking of either the 800SE or the 7020HD. I will sell my DM500HD. The wireless adapter with the Ultimo is 802.11 b/g/n compliant. But, I have found the file transfer speed to be incredibly slow. I dont know if it was something I was doing wrong. Both the wired network and the wireless speed I get as 5 MB/S, which is pitiful.
What adaptor are you using ? I am using the genuine VU one on my UNO and it connects at 300mps and I can stream perfectly with that.

Ignore that, I did not read your post correctly, you were talking about file transfer speed.

heathercar
21-05-2012, 06:23 PM
that will be 300 mbps and that is just the connection rate if your streamin and use windows media player it will give you a true speed in bottom left hand corner
of windows media player ..

but thats a bloody good connection rate and starting to sound more attractive

sonic1
21-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Stream is 192kbs via wireless.
To obtain that you must use WPA2 (aes )

heathercar
21-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Stream is 192kbs via wireless.
To obtain that you must use WPA2 (aes )

there something wrong there with that speed m8 thats really slow im suprised your even getting the stream at that rate mine coming in at 40000 kbps via ethernet lan ill try the wirlesss in the min but im only on an 100 mbps connection rate

heathercar
21-05-2012, 07:45 PM
im getting a 40000 kbps rate wirlessy too that will differ slight further i go from router but there something not right with you readingsim not sure what would cause you to get such a slow transfer rate but this is not via wirless turne on in dreambox

heathercar
21-05-2012, 08:04 PM
no different dreambox set to wlan and pc set to wirless still getting full speed at 40000 kbps sounds like there some issues your end if your getting a 300 mbps..connection rate
i was dreaming there there for one minute there thinking would be able to stream hd

ps 40000 kbps is 4882 kbs or 4.7 mb a sec