PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo - a few questions.

ILM16
27-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Hey,

I've got a few questions about the VU+ Duo, any one who has one I'd appreciate some responses.

a) Can you use two outputs at the same time?
b) Similarly, is it possible to use 3 or 4 outputs (HDMI, Scart, Composite, Component) in any combination at the same time?

2. Can you separate the tuners in such a way that you can watch 'Tuner A' on the HDMI output, whilst 'Tuner B' is on another output? I know that would need some modification but is it possible?

Thanks,

Zeke
28-10-2011, 05:55 AM
No idea. I know you can hook the thing up to a home network and send the signal down the ethernet cable. I'm watching one channel on the computer and a different one on the TV. Ethernet cables are a lot longer and cheaper then any of the things you've mentioned. You just need a computer at the other end. A cheap low end computer with a HDMI output video card could then feed the TV instead of a monitor. OTOH monitors are a little cheaper then TVs so no point using the TV unless you already have it.

I can't imagine you could run different channels out the normal outputs.

Burnham
28-10-2011, 01:45 PM
You can use all the outputs at the same time, but you get the same channel on each one. There is a fault in the firmware regarding setting this up, but there is a workaround.

As you would expect you can record from tuner A and watch from tuner B, but if there is a way to output tuner A to a video source at the same time I have not found it.