PDA

View Full Version : changing frame rate on a samsung?

steviejb
28-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Hi, I have just bought a 3d package which includes a samsung ue40d6100 led tv, the frame rate on the box says its 200Hz but the picture is not smooth at all on normal tv, eg - if a face turns quickly then the eyes sort of follow later which is a bit surprising, when I press info on the remote it says 50Hz so how on earth do you set it to 200Hz frame rate? I have read the instructions and the on board manual but nothing is mentioned.
My old Sony crt set was easily switchable from 50 to 100Hz and it made a big difference but I just can't seem to do it on this tv.
Any help will be appreciated.
Steve

cheesey
30-10-2011, 06:48 PM
I have a D6530 and initially I had the same judder/frame rate issue. There is an option on mine called motion plus which is in the picture options, set it to clear

This worked for me

steviejb
31-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks cheesey, not easy to find but motion plus is either on or off on this model, have set it to on now and see what happens, info still says 1920*1080i@50hz so still not sure where the 200hz frame rate comes from.
Steve

cheesey
01-11-2011, 09:23 PM
FYI Mine also says 50hz when switching HDMI inputs

I would suggest you go to the avforums web site and look at the posts relating to your TV. I did that and went from saying what a pile of tat to being quite happy with it.

mark1
01-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Just been looking on Samsung website and although it dosnt say were to adjust frame rate might be worth trying these adjustments as CHEESY mentioned...Also when display says 50hz on display info is this not the data of the input signal ie pal 50hz/ntsc 60hz etc. not what the frame rate of set is showing,just a thought...Anyway here is the Samsung info

Television : Blurring or ‘ghosting’ on the Samsung LCD TV
This is caused by either signal reception problems (for analogue TVs) or incorrect settings for the program being viewed. The effect is more noticeable in fast moving scenes, gaming, sports, etc.

The effects can be reduced as follows

· If there is a double image whilst watching Analogue TV, the antenna needs to be adjusted as the TV is receiving a very slightly delayed reflected signal arriving at the tuner.

· If it is related to fast moving images then the digital video processing features (in the Picture Menu) of the TV will need to be either adjusted or switched off, depending on which features are available (Motion Blur, Motion Judder, 100Hz/200Hz, Digital noise reduction etc).

steviejb
02-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Thanks, its weird as I did as you suggested and turned off all the features that are supposed to improve the picture, and it actually looks better now, will have a scan of avforums when I have the time too.