PDA

View Full Version : Terrestrial HD on 6900HD+

Grahamc
29-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Is it possible to scan the BBC & ITV HD on terrestrial to save having to turn the dish to 28.2
I have done a terrestrial scan but only got the SD channels

Best wishes to all
Grahamc

echelon
29-10-2011, 12:19 PM
I doubt it , you need a T2 type tuner for those transmissions

holmroad
29-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Is it possible to scan the BBC & ITV HD on terrestrial to save having to turn the dish to 28.2
I have done a terrestrial scan but only got the SD channels

Best wishes to all
Grahamc

No mate, as echelon says - you need an hd tuner (T2) to do that, so like me you can only scan in the sd channels!
How many do you get as a matter of interest?:respect-050:

echelon
29-10-2011, 12:40 PM
No mate, as echelon says - you need an hd tuner (T2) to do that, so like me you can only scan in the sd channels!
How many do you get as a matter of interest?:respect-050:

I get over 100 T1 freeview channels in my area

sat_rrstm
29-10-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm not aware of terrestial broadcastings in UK,but how can you explain that my almost 3 years old TM6900HD Combo Super can display properly the greek terrestial channel "ERT HD" which transmits in a 1080i HD resolution?

bob
29-10-2011, 02:11 PM
HD can be transmitted at T1 standred, but is not in most of europe, and this is why.
In March 2006 DVB decided to study options for an upgraded DVB-T standard. In June 2006, a formal study group named TM-T2 (Technical Module on Next Generation DVB-T) was established by the DVB Group to develop an advanced modulation scheme that could be adopted by a second generation digital terrestrial television standard, to be named DVB-T2.[3]

According to the commercial requirements and call for technologies[4] issued in April 2007, the first phase of DVB-T2 would be devoted to provide optimum reception for stationary (fixed) and portable receivers (i.e., units which can be nomadic, but not fully mobile) using existing aerials, whereas a second and third phase would study methods to deliver higher payloads (with new aerials) and the mobile reception issue. The novel system should provide a minimum 30% increase in payload, under similar channel conditions already used for DVB-T.

The BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Five agreed with the regulator Ofcom to convert one UK multiplex (B, or PSB3) to DVB-T2 to increase capacity for HDTV via DTT.[5] They expected the first TV region to use the new standard would be Granada in November 2009 (with existing switched over regions being changed at the same time). It was expected that over time there would be enough DVB-T2 receivers sold to switch all DTT transmissions to DVB-T2, and H.264.

Ofcom published its final decision on April 3, 2008 for HDTV using DVB-T2 and H.264[6]: BBC HD would have one HD slot after digital switchover (DSO) at Granada. ITV and C4 had, as expected, applied to Ofcom for the 2 additional HD slots available from 2009 to 2012.[7]

Ofcom indicated that it found an unused channel covering 3.7 million households in London, which could be used to broadcast the DVB-T2 HD multiplex from 2010, i.e., before DSO in London. Ofcom indicated that they would look for more unused UHF channels in other parts of the UK, that can be used for the DVB-T2 HD multiplex from 2010 until DSO.[8]

DVB-T2 test modulator developed by BBC Research & Innovation.
The DVB-T2 draft standard was ratified by the DVB Steering Board on June 26, 2008,[9] and published on the DVB homepage as DVB-T2 standard BlueBook,.[10] It was handed over to the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) by DVB.ORG on June 20, 2008.[11] The ETSI process resulted in the DVB-T2 standard being adopted on September 9, 2009.[12] The ETSI process had several phases, but the only changes were text clarifications.[13] Since the DVB-T2 physical layer specification was complete, and there would be no further technical enhancements, receiver VLSI chip design started with confidence in stability of specification. A draft PSI/SI (program and system information) specification do***ent was also agreed with the DVB-TM-GBS group.

sat_rrstm
29-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Yes,you're right.
DVB-T2 tecnology is included in TM's 6902 & 7102,I forgot it.
So,no DVB-T in HD in UK at all,only DVB-T2 HD channels.
Thanks.

holmroad
29-10-2011, 05:51 PM
I get over 100 T1 freeview channels in my area

I get 141 scanned in in North Lincs, but some is duplicated as I draw from the main Emley Moor (Yorks) transmitter but also the Belmont (Louth, Lincs) transmitter too!:number-one-043: