PDA

View Full Version : thor 1w

philnails
31-10-2011, 02:50 PM
i cannot pick anything up on thor, is there a softcam or something specially for this sat.

echelon
31-10-2011, 02:51 PM
i cannot pick anything up on thor, is there a softcam or something specially for this sat.

no , all you will get is fta channels like music channel and bbc world news ( fta channels ) , which I get fine here

keith mawer
31-10-2011, 04:34 PM
philnails unless i am mistaken , you didnt mention the type of receiver you actually have ,,,
so i better not comment further,,,

philnails
31-10-2011, 06:28 PM
spiderbox900 keith soz

Aldo
31-10-2011, 06:34 PM
spiderbox900 keith soz

How do you know that the receiver is actually pointing at Thor if you cannot get anything, if you were on the sat you should at least get the FTA Channels as echelon has previously stated, it would also help if you said which patch you have installed on your Spiderbox 9000 HD.

Mickha
31-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Check that your Ethernet option is connected, go into the Network menu, also ensure you have selected 0.8W and not 1W in the satellite menu.

philnails
31-10-2011, 06:53 PM
sorry i can pick up fta channels but nothing else, on my spiderbox 900hd

Mickha
31-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Have you done as I asked?
First check that Ethernet is Connected in the Network menu.
Second ensure that the satellite you have selected is 0.8W and not 1W.
Have you got the channels scanned in or have you loaded a channel list?

keith mawer
31-10-2011, 08:46 PM
phil your have to give more info as the guys said ,, your saying very little i am afraid to say ,, all the best

Aldo
31-10-2011, 08:59 PM
TV 2 PL1 HD is about to show the Stoke v Newcastle game, so you better get your skates on if you want to watch it.

echelon
31-10-2011, 09:10 PM
TV 2 PL1 HD is about to show the Stoke v Newcastle game, so you better get your skates on if you want to watch it.

also open on digi sport 3 , as well as pltv1 so anyone with reception issues on thor had better check their dish and motor alignments , as there is f*** all wrong here on my 9000HD box !

moved to spiderbox section

keith mawer
01-11-2011, 11:17 AM
may be it was the leaves on the trees,, but the last week the signal on thor inc pltv1-3 has gone from 38 to 62... so well pleased.. and pleased with ethernet as many other channels also ,,,

williamtell
01-11-2011, 11:34 AM
tvplhd123 was ok on spider9000hd last night & digi package & canal hits, first, emotion etc, also bbchd & 2 other beebs
so philnails they are open? if you can get sorted that is.

Aldo
01-11-2011, 12:32 PM
" so philnails they are open? if you can get sorted that is. "

It would be nice if he could give more info on his current setup, so that members could try and help him get things sorted as quickly as possible.

johnhenry
01-11-2011, 05:18 PM
May be it is time to have a attachment form which you have to fill when you are have technical problem, this form lists the details require for others to help, such as your receiver plus set up, patch/non-patch, motor/non-motor, LNBS on which satelite, UCAS on/off etc etc. If the attachment was in the stickies the person with the problem could copy fill in and put in his thread as an attachment this might save having to keep asking for the imformation. I agree having to keep asking gets a bit annoying.

Aldo
01-11-2011, 05:51 PM
That may well be a good idea for those that read the Stickies regularly, but just judging by some people's posts you have to wonder if they ever read the stickies, and it has been said before by members, I can't be bothered to read all that, I just want to know about this or that, you have also got members who do not even read the info contained in the folder with the latest patches, I'm sure that Boxer26 does not put the info there to fill the empty space, but the top and bottom of all this is that you cannot force members to read anything, let alone the info which will be beneficial to them.

williamtell
01-11-2011, 06:51 PM
personally i have loads of time to read good old satpimps threads/stickies which i would miss tremendously if it went t*** up!! when i am busy some days and miss a shift or 3 on here i do need to ask a quickie so to speak re a problem or info required, the info available on here by mods etc if followed correctly is second to none, sometimes tho` including myself a little patience is required to fulfill the task whatever it may be.

philnails
01-11-2011, 08:24 PM
I have altered the position of this sat slightly,the signal strength is now is ok I can now watch most channels. thank for your comments.

echelon
01-11-2011, 08:58 PM
so not a spiderbox issue , but a dish alignment/reception issue

skomedal
01-11-2011, 10:41 PM
I have altered the position of this sat slightly

Surely you mean either adjusting the dish or choosing 0.8w as previously suggested by Mickha

But as you have not replied for some time I actually can believe you went to this bird ( or had long arms ) to correct its position for best reception for your setup.

Just my sense of humour to lighten this thread

Well done eventually opening channels on this bird!

Regards and good luck

PS must others rescan now?