PDA

View Full Version : dish set up

stevew
04-11-2011, 05:55 PM
ive connected the box to my old motorised dish to make the most of nascam,having problem trying to locate other sats ive got sly on 28.2 but cant find others dish is moving ok,is there any instructions or advice on the best way to set up ,

echelon
04-11-2011, 06:44 PM
ive connected the box to my old motorised dish to make the most of nascam,having problem trying to locate other sats ive got sly on 28.2 but cant find others dish is moving ok,is there any instructions or advice on the best way to set up ,

depends if you are using usals or diseqc ? and you never said

if its usals , and the dish and motor are setup correctly , you input your longitude and latitude , and it should find every satellite for you

if its diseqc v1.2 , you have to find and store every sat position yourself

and if it was using a vbox and polar mount with 36v motor , you would have to use the vbox to find the sats and store that number for each sat in the box

so as you can see it all depends which system you are using , but the basic principles are the same for any box , as outlined above

stevew
04-11-2011, 06:58 PM
have tried both, have a gps for fishing and location is 53*26 072 north and 008*22 757 west ,in the usals box to in put long/lat there is only 6 spaces for each --- --- n and --- --- w .what should i enter?

echelon
04-11-2011, 07:12 PM
have tried both, have a gps for fishing and location is 53*26 072 north and 008*22 757 west ,in the usals box to in put long/lat there is only 6 spaces for each
--- --- n and --- --- w .what should i enter?

not exactly sure but sounds like you are at 53.3n 8.23w approx ( western ireland ? )

in which case try 053 261n and 008 227w

also it appears that 7w or 8w is due south of you so your motor should be on zero when pointing at 8w