PDA

View Full Version : uk speed cams not showing up as pois tomtom go 930

jake77
06-11-2011, 04:33 PM
I just installed cam files into map folder on this unit, tomtom go 930 they do not show up
as a POI so I can edit them and change the sound etc.

I previously had Tomtom XL and downloaded the safety cameras from here
and they showed up as POI, so were easy to edit.

Is there a different way with the tomtom go 930 the files are the ones from 8-6-11

many thanks

Russell1
06-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Have you copied all the .OV3 & .BMP files for all the cameras into your map folder ?
Have you enabled them all in Manage POIs ?
They do work - same method as all other tomtoms, so if you have problems try downloading & installing again.

jake77
06-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Hi Russel downloaded them again copied all files to map folder still can't see them all my other pois
show up .Don't see an option to enable them in manage pois and they just don.t show up in any of the other options .
I can load them on the one xl and they show up on that but not on this go 930

thanks

Russell1
06-11-2011, 07:15 PM
I've got a Go730 & they work fine - try going to Show POI on map & enable all the camera files - then go back into menu - Manage POIs - Warn when near POI - & then add warning sound for each file.

jake77
06-11-2011, 07:53 PM
I've got a Go730 & they work fine - try going to Show POI on map & enable all the camera files - then go back into menu - Manage POIs - Warn when near POI - & then add warning sound for each file.

the problem is that no camera files show up anywhere beginning to think there must be a different method for the 930 I even
tried a different set of speed files with same result.

thanks jake

Russell1
06-11-2011, 08:22 PM
You've probably got something wrong - it is the same method for all of the tomtoms :-

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-tomtom-go.php

jake77
07-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Thanks Russel deleted maps everything started from the beginning and it worked
It was very odd that any poi I put on would show but not speed cams .
Thanks for your help m8

jake