PDA

View Full Version : Another DM800 Hard Drive initialization problem

mercedes
07-11-2011, 11:45 PM
I have Nabilo Blackhole 12 flashed on my clone box with an external drive that has its own power supply. It records OK once the drive has been initialised but after one or two days the DM800 wont record until I initialise it again. Thus I lose all of my recordings which I'm not too bothered about - its just the 5 min wait that i have to endure for the drive to initialise every time I want to record anything.

It came to a head last night when I told my daughter that I would record 'The Only Way is Es***' for her and
cos I didn't initialise the box it didn't record and I got a bit of grief. Thank God for ITV Iplayer!

Does anyone have any ideas how I can stop having to initialise the drive each time I want to record something

Magic53
08-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Same problem here mate with genuine Dreambox with ICVS image.So frustrating

brain
08-11-2011, 12:12 PM
@ mercedes
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?151571-Cant-record-on-my-dreambox-800se....help-needed-please
this may help but there has always been some peripheral probs with clone boxes - a sort of you get what you pay for so to speak.
@magic53
Odd - since in the same thread it talks of using the ICVS to initialise - perhaps worth a read too, especially passete's bits. Good Luck - Brain
PS Never had a problem with the 8000 on any image.

donki
08-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Very curious. Seems a lot of people have this problem. I too have a clone but it has worked for over 2 years with no problem for me at all. I use Ferrari images (Nemesis) all the time.

Magic53
08-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks for your reply. Mine will record ok for a while and then it has to be initialised. I will try a hd powered by usb and see what happens

Magic53
09-11-2011, 09:43 AM
I put an iomega hard drive with no dedicated power supply and it is working but so did the other one for awhile. I will let you know in about 3 weeks if it is still working. I tried the fstab file as suggested but it made no difference.
Thanks