PDA

View Full Version : issue with channel editor

speedy_04
10-11-2011, 04:55 PM
well i have been editing my astra 28.2e channel list using the channel editor, replacing moved channels and so on, but i have an issue when it comes to saving it, when i save it its fine and all the channels are there, but when i load it onto my spiderbox 9000hd all hd channels and there sd counterparts are no longer on the list.

anyone no whats going wrong?

chris B
10-11-2011, 06:18 PM
You will need to talk us through it step by step to spot an error?

speedy_04
10-11-2011, 06:25 PM
well basically what i have done is removed dead channels and replaced them with working ones, i save it on to the desktop and all the channels are in the correct order when saved, i exit the program and to dbl check its fine i open it again and put the new list into the program, when i do that all hd channels have gone and all the exces channels i have remover have reappeared and its driving me nuts

Anrakh
10-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Whatever you do, do not start the channel editor by clicking on a UDB file to get windows to run the channel editor.
The editor program MUST be opened first, and then the menu is used to open the file. You then save the file before closing the program normally. Exiting will not save the changes like text editors do.

Aldo
10-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Here is a useful piece info that I saw on the other forum (Forgot the Posters Nick) ref deleting Sat that you cannot receive or do not intend to use:

Deleting Sats:

The Spiderbox Channel Editor

'Right Click' on Satellite name and hit 'Change Data'

Delete 'Name' and change Position to 0.0E and save.

Job done!

and it definitely works as I have tried it.

speedy_04
11-11-2011, 12:41 AM
thanks for the help. worked 100% and will remember in future to do it this way

djbobw
11-11-2011, 01:34 AM
I was going to post the same problem this weekend. BBC HD & BBC One HD kept disappearing from my list, and the 'HD' tags from them ending up on BBC1 NW and BBC2 Eng. I was double clicking the database file rather than opening the editor first, so I'll se if they stay put opening the editor first.

On a side note I've got to say what a great forum this is, and how helpful its been for someone thats never had a motorized dish to play with before :-)

---------
DJBobW
---------