PDA

View Full Version : Service+ shows not connected - what shall I do??

korset777
11-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Hello,

When I turned on my Spidebox 9000 today, service+ showed not connected. I tried to turned off and then on again, and it says connecting... but nothing happens. It has been working perfect for a long time. What can I do to get it connected again. Please, help. Thanks in advance.

gray198
12-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Korset,
have you got the latest patch installed? If not that could be the problem.If you have try turning off ethernet and ucas, then turning off and back on.It may work.

regards gray

echelon
12-11-2011, 12:27 AM
there is no service + on a 9000 , the sept patch removed it , so get your box up to date

rickt
12-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Turned mine on the other day to find the very same thing ,thought it was the router , cables etc .But the old Service+ as we know it is no more .
There is a new patch ,I think it is called a ethernet enhancment patch which replaces alot of the old firmware on your box .The file is a .uad file and is the 1010 one .I did mine the other day and everything is fine now and my channels are all back.
Remember to backup your settings , have the 1010 and latest HD cam files on your pendrive and follow a set of instructions, not sure if there on this site ,but you should look in the relevant section.

there are the instructions I used :

Mandatory upgrade Ethernet Enhancement HD Patches

Ethernet enhancement patches for faster clearing.

For continued connection to ethernet service these patches must be loaded.
Users not loading these patches may lose connection before the end of this month.

1,back up channel data udb only[menu/usb green button].
2,factory reset
3,load todays patch S/W only.
4,factory reset again.
5,menu network turn back on ,press 1111 to expand other options.
6,load your channel data back on enter your long/latitude if needed/menu/motor setup/green button
7,goto key edit turn ucas back on.
8,reset key data.
9,load softcam.
10,go to ethernet and turn on if off

Attached Files

* File Type: zip Spider_box_HD_9000_1010.zip? (4.77 MB, 2461 views)
* File Type: zip Spider_box_HD_7000_1010.zip? (4.73 MB, 861 views)
* File Type: zip Spider_box_HD_9900_1010.zip? (5.74 MB, 192 views)

echelon
12-11-2011, 07:56 AM
agreed , and yes all the files are here , in the spiderbox firmware section , so there really is no excuse for having old firmwares on your boxes

files are all in here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?579-Firmware

the warning was also posted here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?152033-Mandatory-upgrade-Ethernet-Enhancement-HD-Patches

and the latest patches are dated 02 nov 2011

instructions are here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?151927-simple-guide-to-setting-up-a-Spiderbox-HD

rickt
12-11-2011, 08:07 AM
I think there has been 2 firmware updates within the last couple of months and I declined to install the first as my box was running fine . Sometimes I think if I mess around with files my box may go belly up , but there are times [ like now ] where you HAVE to update . I know it's daunting at first especially for a newby with their first system thinking things may go wrong but you have to start somewhere. So, download the relevant files , read up on the help files and stickies and ask if you get stuck .

keith mawer
12-11-2011, 11:18 AM
what a fab reply line 6, well done m8... i have done all the firmware updates except the last one
that was for 5 channels on 16e. have to admit this receiver is so awesome....

korset777
12-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Hello everybody,

Thanks a lot for your information. I have sorted it out. Updated the box, and everything seems to work as "normal". Thanks!!!

echelon
12-11-2011, 11:44 AM
what a fab reply line 6, well done m8... i have done all the firmware updates except the last one
that was for 5 channels on 16e. have to admit this receiver is so awesome....

you wont need that one m8 , as you need treefellers are us to come first :D

ps:- I thought ALL the replies were fab , not just number 6 ( I have a name , I am not just a number ! )

gonna send the balloons out after you m8y ;)

philnails
12-11-2011, 04:52 PM
I am going to install this new patch, but firstly do i get rid of the old darkman patch. also is there a new softcam for the spid-900hd

echelon
12-11-2011, 05:00 PM
I am going to install this new patch, but firstly do i get rid of the old darkman patch. also is there a new softcam for the spid-900hd

just follow the details in my FAQ in the guide section , using the sept BOXER patch and then the nov BOXER patch

there is always a new softcam around , and they are all in the spiderbox softcam section and usually posted by bob or compass

all you have to do is look at the various sections , everything you need is here including detailed instructions