PDA

View Full Version : help please

spurskev
12-11-2011, 03:50 PM
trying to up date hd 9000 says oct 11 but no sat list done some thing wrong .

Aldo
12-11-2011, 03:59 PM
trying to up date hd 9000 says oct 11 but no sat list done some thing wrong .

Did you save your channel list to USB Stick before doing the update, and there is also a Nov 11 patch, if you have attempted to do the latest patch update, did you do a factory reset before and after applying the patch, you need to learn to give more details, instead of the meagre info above. You could also have checked the info given in your previous thread here:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?152546-what-are-the-the-latest-up-dates

spurskev
12-11-2011, 04:06 PM
cheers will do followed instructions to load new patch not sure how to load channel data back on were to find on mem stick.thanks

Aldo
12-11-2011, 04:32 PM
cheers will do followed instructions to load new patchnot sure how to load channel data back on were to find on mem stick.thanks

This info could have been found in the FAQ Section for the spiderbox:

BACKING UP YOUR CHANNEL LIST OR SYSTEM ( or both )

on my boxes press menu and choose usb , you should see your FAT32 formatted pen drive if you inserted it beforehand

browse to your backup folder or channel list folder you made earlier on it using your pc or laptop

at the bottom of the usb menu it will alternate between slideshow and the four coloured buttons with different options for each colour

green says save data

so press green

choose the top CHANNEL DATA and press the ok button , it will save your channel list in UDB format

echelon
12-11-2011, 04:43 PM
as mentioned above we have extensive help files for members to read in the spiderbox GUIDES & FAQ section

please use that section and read before posting

thank you

nb: a factory reset will always wipe your channel data , which is why everybody tells you to back it up including the guides
( unless you intend to use a fresh list , which I would recommend in any case due to the extensive changes we have had recently )

spurskev
12-11-2011, 04:49 PM
hi looked for udb file found it then downloaded it back from mem stick still showing no channels the one that i loadedsays stb ub udb.

echelon
12-11-2011, 04:57 PM
hi looked for udb file found it then downloaded it back from mem stick still showing no channels the one that i loadedsays stb ub udb.

whose did you use ?

mine ?

billybits ?

satpaul ?

somebody elses ?

what did you unpack it with ?

you really need to start elaborating if you really need help

spurskev
12-11-2011, 05:07 PM
hi i just put billybits on and have channels thanks so i am up dated to oct 11 do i still need to do more cheers .

echelon
12-11-2011, 05:10 PM
hi i just put billybits on and have channels thanks so i am up dated to oct 11 do i still need to do more cheers .

you used the wrong patch then as the latest is nov 2nd ( they are dated ) so you will have to turn off ucas and ethernet , factory reset and load the 02 nov patch and factory reset yet again

post 2 clearly told you to use the november patch !!

then load the billybits list again and make sure the usals is set to your location

turn ucas on twice in keyedit , reset keydata and add the latest HDsoftcam

ensure ethernet shows connected and test jsc on hotbird or similar

spurskev
12-11-2011, 05:12 PM
thanks for that sorry to be a :bowing-036:pain

echelon
12-11-2011, 05:15 PM
thanks for that sorry to be a :bowing-036:pain

thats because you are not reading what you are told , and not reading the guides people like myself have posted already in the guide section

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?151927-simple-guide-to-setting-up-a-Spiderbox-HD

so just to be clear , its the NOVEMBER patch you want....... thats N O V E M B E R !! :D

spurskev
12-11-2011, 05:26 PM
do you mean the november one :)

echelon
12-11-2011, 05:32 PM
do you mean the november one :)

aye ! thats the one :D

it will even have a november 2011 date in system info once complete !!

spurskev
14-11-2011, 09:42 PM
thanks echelon for your help .:applause-003: