PDA

View Full Version : Help with 4000HD EPG

fatboy7
15-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Hi All.

Is there a plug in, or a setting I've missed to speed up population of the EPG.

I know the EPG has to pull the EPG data from the corresponding transponder, but I have to press enter (to view it) on nearly every channel to populate the EPG for future use.

Settings:
MHW start auto <On>
EPG Time Scale <2hrs>
Loader <1.54>
F/W <1.09.35>

Or is this normal.

Thanks...

fatboy7
16-11-2011, 12:44 PM
I've found a bit of a work around.

I've saved one channel from every transponder into a favourites folder, then just go through them one by one, and it populates the rest of the EPG data for all services (channels).

I am new to this box, am I just missing something simple, (I know it stores EPG data, just dont turn the box off).

Thanks.

ManikM
16-11-2011, 01:43 PM
good work mate.

the biggest problem with this box is the EPG.

u could stick E2 on it... check my posts (but you risk bricking the box)

fatboy7
17-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Might have a play with E2, does look good.

I've found two plug-ins for EPG use:
EPG Scan V0.7 & EPGView V0.5

These are both plug-ins from the Ocagon side, anyone had any experience with these and do / how do they work.

I have installed them on a S4000HD, started them, but didn't seem to do much.

Any idea's.

Tar...

fatboy7
20-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Hi Guys.

Please help, the EPG on this E4000, is driving me to try E2.

I live in the North East, and regardless of which sat I scan (tried them all), I don't get any epg data until I press ok on that channel, (only now and next), then I might get a few more populate. From the epg, if I do a MHW scan (takes about 1min), I still get no epg data. If I do a open scan for a page, I do get about 4-6 hours of epg data for that page, but no others.

I've tried and played with every setting I can, could it be reseller id / dish settings ?.

Loader - 1.54 / F-w 1.09.35 & 61 / Sky mini dish.

Any help gladly received.

echelon
20-11-2011, 07:24 PM
my opinion on the icecrypt epg plugin is that its always been cr@p , as you have found

the tm5402 or tm6000 or blade bm7000s options of a d/l on 11176V 27500 portal channel has always been a better option , or the dreambox method of downloading crossepg or similar

ManikM
20-11-2011, 08:52 PM
E2 and CrossEPG is your only hope mate!

altho im having a right hassle with it today!!!!!!!!!! GRRRR no events showing

fatboy7
20-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Many thanks Guys.

If I'm right these Ice-crypt box's were meant for the UK (ish) market (same as many others in other country's), surely with as many fw updates as its had they would have a box that at least met is primary usage, being able to see what you want to watch.

Rant over.

I'm not giving up.

Tomorrow I'm going to mount the box under Linux and see if I can find where MHW is and hopefully re-engineering it, to point it to a transponder or 2 that carry epg data in the uk. "Aim" would be to have it as a configurable plug-in that allows custom frequency's or even web based epg grabber information.

Any help welcome, I'll keep posting progress.

ManikM
20-11-2011, 10:47 PM
go FATZ GOOOOO!!!!!!

buck401
21-11-2011, 04:08 PM
MHW is not the EPG for UK.
Press blue EPG button and select Open EPG select Page and the box should populate the six channels visible.
When these are complete go down to the next six channels, populate these
and so on to a maximum of 126 channels.

ManikM
21-11-2011, 05:08 PM
LOL 6 channels, almost useless.

fatboy7
21-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks buck401.

Was hopeing the box had more capability and I was missing somthing, how do you put up with having to run open epg over 21 times just to get a ok epg.

Given how poor the population of the EPG is on this box, you would have thought that a plugin would have been born by now, (I'd even pay for it)

Sent email to Icecrypt today, I'll post reply if I get one.