PDA

View Full Version : S4000HD 1.09.61 Firmware out

fatboy7
16-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Just noticed 1.09.61 firmware on Icecrypt's website, for the S4000HD

Putting it on now, anyone know what the revisions were as icecrypt.com is a bit vague.

Thanks.

_http://www.icecrypt.com/downloads/summary/34-s4000hdpvr/225-facicecrypts4000hdpvrv10961.html

LINK EDITED TWICE NOW BY ADMIN

DO NOT CHANGE IT AGAIN

READ THE RULES , NO LIVE LINKS

as a newbie on here , you cannot have forgotten the rules already ;)

ManikM
16-11-2011, 01:18 PM
ColdasICE will know for certain, but im sure it would include....

Changes :

- Upgrades & Imporvements :

--> Before Start update pls. stop PlugIns !
--> Pls. update Bootloder version (L1.54) !

--> EPG UI augmented 2xInfo Button EPG Mode
--> SC cardslot imporved (CONAX)
--> CI Controller driver improved
--> French and Arabic OSD menu language improved
--> NTFS file system : improved
--> Sporadic hangup improved
--> Hot Bird 13°E TP : updated
--> Special character not display on front panel solved
--> Specified channels continuous Short Freezing
--> Kathrein Unicable not working on all TP solved
--> Hang up after deleting all list in Service List Manager
--> Wi-Fi password character input error fixed

echelon
16-11-2011, 01:48 PM
hope it fixes the glitching I still get on HD channels and a better epg download like the tm5402 and blade bm7000s get using transponder 11778 V 27500

also hope its the patched version and not just fta

ManikM
16-11-2011, 02:28 PM
hope it fixes the glitching I still get on HD channels and a better epg download like the tm5402 and blade bm7000s get using transponder 11778 V 27500

also hope its the patched version and not just fta

i dont get glitching on E2 HD channels mate, i also didnt know there was patched f/w -u mean for EMU>? (what Mcas does?)

echelon
16-11-2011, 02:33 PM
i dont get glitching on E2 HD channels mate, i also didnt know there was patched f/w -u mean for EMU>? (what Mcas does?)

well I have reported it before on this very forum

I also complained about the epg updating being limited to one page only and not all the bouquet , and one or two other issues , so its all in black and white on here

my point was that on most boxes you get official firmware on manufacturers websites , which is fta , and you get patched firmware elsewhere that allows you to do tricks you cant do with official firmwares

its always been that way on every box I have ever owned or patched , so I fail to see why its news all of a sudden ?

ManikM
16-11-2011, 03:36 PM
you've misread mate. i said i dont get glitching on E2 HD channels.. i.e E2 being a suggestion.

im well aware of the glitching, as i too suffer from it. it certainly isn't news.

if i remember correctly, ColdasICE wasn't getting it when he was trying to reproduce.

echelon
16-11-2011, 03:42 PM
you've misread mate. i said i dont get glitching on E2 HD channels.. i.e E2 being a suggestion.

im well aware of the glitching, as i too suffer from it. it certainly isn't news.

if i remember correctly, ColdasICE wasn't getting it when he was trying to reproduce.

I already have E2 on my dm800HD and have done for over 2.5 years , I dont want E2 on my icecrypt , which is why I was replying to this post about official icecrypt firmware , and the changes I have always wanted to see being implemented in order to make this box work properly as it should officially do

ie:- a software reboot option on the menu ( instead of having to switch it off and on using the rear switch )

ecm times displayed in some banner or onscreen display like info ( like on a spiderbox or dreambox )

epg download from transponder 11778 V 27500 on 28e ( portal channels ) ( like on the tm6000 , bm7000s and tm5402 )

or the current epg download showing all the bouquet or satellite and not half a dozen on 1 page only ( like the boxes mentioned above show )

the glitching to be fixed on various HD channels including fta which I dont get on any other box

lastly I would like to see more info on running oscam on the original icecrypt firmware (oscam plugin and tutorials etc)

JaapS
16-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Hope this finally fixes the delete recordings problem, something that simple not working properly is shameful...

echelon
16-11-2011, 06:32 PM
I downloaded it but not tried it because the first 3 letters say fac , as in FACtory , which is why I said earlier I hope its a patched one and not the official one

buck401
16-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Iīve got it running. Some freezing when loading EPG channels that are encrypted without the card in the box. If this persists then itīs
back to dear old f/w .35

buck401
16-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Itīs now freezing on the clear channels now(BBC 1)

It`s back to .35!!

buck401
16-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Back on f/w .35. No problems now with loading the EPG. Anyone else having problems with f/w .61?

fatboy7
16-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Running it all day, seams ok, but new to box.

Had one freeze that resulted in a hard reset, might have been me playing with plug'ins.

Just to confirm this F/W has all channels not just FTA.

One issue I was hoping for a fix for was to be able to select a channel found when using a event search in the EPG.

PS. Sorry for the direct linking, oops.

fatboy7
17-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Off topic a bit, but might help.

For all who may want to use the above "event search".

Do your search, close down all menus, press fav button twice use left / right to find unsorted channels, and hey presto there's your search results and you can use OK to select and watch. Wow.

Hope it helps.

PS. Deleted everything from box, copied service data. Factory reset. Put fresh plug-ins back on, upload service data. Been running all day no freezing or glitching on latest 1.09.61 f/w.

Anyone else got it stable yet.

berliner
20-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi,

Followed Fatboy 7 advice and deleted plugins, loaded .61, factory reset reinstalled plugins, 2 things which are problems are, some SD channels are showing as HD on the programme display, and the open EPG, first download crashed had to reset box, however the next was OK, on a scrambled channel.

Wil see how it goes if not back to .35.

fatboy7
20-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Well, been running it for a few days now, not all the time as still have EPG issues.

Yes I'm getting box freezing when I try a open EPG scan, but ok after a hard reset.
I now get bad glitching when recording and watching somthing else (even on a different transponder).
A few other quirks that happen but cant reproduce, that normally result in reset.

Not sure what 1.09.61 was designed to fix but sorry to say 1.09.35 looks more stable.

Buck401, can you help, I'm having big issues with epg population on any firmware, do you have a trick, cheers.

JaapS
22-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Runs very stable over here and with Dutch subscription no EPG problems.

There has been done some work on the "can't delete recordings" problem but that didn't work out very well, instead of deleting it now shows the message that the file is still playing...

ColdAsICE
22-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi Guys if your having EPG issues with V1.09.61 you might have to run the flash cleaner(find it in the tools section)through your machine first.
The procedure is to factory reset (don't forget to use the save system data to back up your settings) then load the flash cleaner, factory reset again and load V1.09.61 factory reset and finally restore your previously stored positions.
Hopefully that should avoid the EPG locking up the receiver.

buck401
22-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Is it possible to load the flash cleaner via USB rather than Porter Express and the serial port and null modem cable?

buck401
22-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Used the flash cleaner as suggested by ColdAsIce but no joy. Exactly the same problem. Back to f/w.35!

dizz
25-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Is it possible to load the flash cleaner via USB rather than Porter Express and the serial port and null modem cable?

You can download this from the German Octagon forum.