PDA

View Full Version : new spider plugs are out

keith mawer
18-11-2011, 05:49 PM
was reading around that a new pair of spider home plugs are about 500mpbs,,,
the ones i have are 200 mpbs,, so do you think they will transfer data quicker..

Also anyone know what the push button version do
the 200 mpbs ones i have just connect to the wall.....
tnks

bob
18-11-2011, 06:23 PM
If these are to IEEE P1901 working group new standard for broadband over powerline networks then the following will apply.
These new devices theoretically promise up to gigabit Ethernet speeds over home electrical wiring, and are the first to incorporate the newest standard.
These come in either standard or power pass-through versions, and are available in two-adapter "kits" to set up a source and destination point for your network. While the IEEE P1901 standard promises speeds up to 1Gbps, no powerline adapters come close to the top theoretical speeds (and to be fair, neither does most wireless networking hardware). Still, it can provide greater and more consistent bandwidth for applications like networked AV equipment or gaming consoles compared to increasingly crowded home WiFi networks.
Almost every new home entertainment device today can be connected to the Internet. This puts tremendous demand on the home network; the new Powerline adapters are up to 2.5 times faster than competing products and provide a useful supplement to WiFi networks.
That said the Spiderboxes will work very well on the 200 Mbps powerline networking.

keith mawer
18-11-2011, 06:28 PM
so i guess the last 2 lines Bob sum it up.
"That said the Spiderboxes will work very well on the 200 Mbps powerline networking.

..it was for a pc to ethnet to home plug upstairs and homeplug to ethnet to s/reciever downstairs.