PDA

View Full Version : Missing Safety Camera Alerts

Bal
21-11-2011, 02:55 AM
Not sure if I lost this feature on my TomTom Start after the Maps from here, but wondering how I get this feature back?

I have an Icon on my TT which is now greyed out?

Anyone know if it's a matter of copying the files from my Orig back up?

Russell1
21-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Which set of files are you using ? If they are the ones I posted in here - then the files go into the new map folder. Never used the tomtom files so cant help with them sorry.

DARTFORD
21-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Yes I have the same issue after the latest map upgrade, but the camera and alerts look to be active, they are showing up in the POI's and can modify distance and sounds, also showing on the browse maps, will check tomorrow as I have to drive past a camera then, not used since update, I did have this once before and the grayed out bit just seemed to correct it's self. may be worth taking the map off and back on again if they are not working, I must admit I never know if to activate the map first then drop all the other files in to the folder or afterwards. Will let you know Tuesday how I get on.

Map used : United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland 880.3810

delilah
21-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi Guys
Not sure if im on the right track here but im trying to read between the lines, If you have downloaded new camera files they will need cracking to produce the (DCT FILE`S) i use easyusetools, Sorry if im on the wrong track but i have uploaded the latest cameras below, But i dont use the premium ones just the ordinary ones please dont use both,

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YEGROSTE

http://www.uploadstation.com/file/AMPjTeW/Delilah_20-11-2011.rar

Regards Delilah

Bal
22-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Ok fixed it.

Had to plug in the TT with TT Home, then use that to Navigate to the Add Traffice, Voices, Safty Camera etc. Menu.
Then clicked on Safety Camera's and installed it.

It then enables it on the TT.

Will have to now test to see if it works near a Camera now.

DARTFORD
22-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Ok I can confirm on my XL that although it is grayed out with the tick it is working fine on the road

DARTFORD
24-11-2011, 06:29 PM
OK another update, as "Bal" says if you go to TomTom home, select all camera's there are some free ones, just add one and the "grayed out problem" is resolved