PDA

View Full Version : whats the best image??? what are you using?

ManikM
28-11-2011, 12:20 PM
im using Spaze E2 - a few bugs here and there, but notably very good over all.

anyone VERY happy with image they're using?

USALs, Timers, Cross EPG, minimal green screens...

is DISEQ and not USALS an option in any image?

Burnham
29-11-2011, 12:10 AM
I have been testing all the images over the past month and Spaze 2.0 is my preference. It is the most complete image with more features built into the base image than any of the others. The trade off is that I had more crashes with Spaze than the others.

I don't like any of the skins on the E2 images, they are all bad to my eyes.

Don't use USALS, so not an issue with me. But I have not attempted a full 20+ satellite Diseqc 1.2 setup yet - a lot of effort to put in given the risk of an image crash.

Allchemist
30-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Brand new to the E2 conversion, only a couple of days, needed to do something with my AZBOXHD.
Tried 2 images so far Spaze Quantum edition and RTI 1.4.have RSI banked for trying. (Let me know if there are any other worth trying.)

Spaze was tried first, what a shock, had to find my way around in the dark. Was happy with the extra thinks in there if only they did not crash or hang up so went on to try RTI.
RTI 1.4 is rock solid solid as far as I can see and easier to use after I had learned of the changes made in E2 from the original software.
Since I am entirely new to E2 I may have to revert back to SPAZE to find out where the CAMS and other things go but will want to go to RTI or another image for stability.
Will report back if any one is interested on the RSI image.

Burnham
30-11-2011, 11:26 AM
I will add to my earlier post (where I said my choice was Spaze 2.0)

After another crash of Spaze 2.0 I loaded the new RSi 2.0 version and have been testing that for a week. I put the AZBox Pro HD skin on it found it ok(ish). I like the simplicity of RSi 2.0 - not so many features as Spaze 2.0 but works quite well. With fewer options to select I've hardly had a crash.

ManikM
30-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Brand new to the E2 conversion, only a couple of days, needed to do something with my AZBOXHD.
Tried 2 images so far Spaze Quantum edition and RTI 1.4.have RSI banked for trying. (Let me know if there are any other worth trying.)

Spaze was tried first, what a shock, had to find my way around in the dark. Was happy with the extra thinks in there if only they did not crash or hang up so went on to try RTI.
RTI 1.4 is rock solid solid as far as I can see and easier to use after I had learned of the changes made in E2 from the original software.
Since I am entirely new to E2 I may have to revert back to SPAZE to find out where the CAMS and other things go but will want to go to RTI or another image for stability.
Will report back if any one is interested on the RSI image.

download TSPANEL4.1 - that way u can easily install any plugins.

Allchemist
30-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Cheers ManikM I have downloaded TSPANEL4.1 and will give it a try.
Not sure if that will be after I try RSI or right now.

Blagi
30-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Not any plugin, Manik. I had some green screens.

But you're right, it's a great help and hold lots of stuff!!!

Allchemist
30-11-2011, 03:30 PM
ManikM where do you stick the .ipk file in E2?

Dig Deep
30-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Try temp

ManikM
30-11-2011, 06:25 PM
NO the root!!

htibi58
30-11-2011, 06:55 PM
I think the Spaze 2.0 the best image now. Only the HDGlass16 skin missing for me. I try install newer (3.75) and older (3.28) versions, without luck, beacause all made green screen. Any idea?

the illuminati
30-11-2011, 07:07 PM
I've tried every single one since day one of e2
to be honest i was very happy with RC4 and sifteam at that time as it had the best picture quality
from then and on all the images are getting better by the number but...

all the PB images are good, little bugs , but the HD picture is bad
the rsi images are very stable little bugs and the picture is fair
spaze very good lot of good stuff also HD picture is fair
RTI 1.4 very stable very little bugs and picture is a little better

Allchemist
30-11-2011, 10:37 PM
I have now tried the RSI and considering it is based on the RTI core it has a few bugs that were not apparent in the latest RTI, the first of which was asking me to select the correct type of video connection to the TV. The picture was visible on the screen but I went to select HDMI then 60 hertz and the screen went blank. I think it actually selected the computer screen connection option through this selection.

By the way ManikM the TSPANEL4.1 installed from the temp dir after I change directory to temp then ran: opkg install enigma2-plugin-tspanel_3.1_mipsel.ipk. I take it is the font of all websites that provide addons to Linux based receivers. I have tried a few. A lot are incompatible.

I feel that the images are very good when compared against some comments from those that have gone back to the standard software. I do hope the dedication to make this a more than average box continues.

Blagi
30-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Celrun is out, RTi are cheaper, so it should continue... :D

However, at which pace - such a small team, 2/3 of which are useless... :rolleyes:

ManikM
01-12-2011, 12:04 AM
I have now tried the RSI and considering it is based on the RTI core it has a few bugs that were not apparent in the latest RTI, the first of which was asking me to select the correct type of video connection to the TV. The picture was visible on the screen but I went to select HDMI then 60 hertz and the screen went blank. I think it actually selected the computer screen connection option through this selection.

By the way ManikM the TSPANEL4.1 installed from the temp dir after I change directory to temp then ran: opkg install enigma2-plugin-tspanel_3.1_mipsel.ipk. I take it is the font of all websites that provide addons to Linux based receivers. I have tried a few. A lot are incompatible.

I feel that the images are very good when compared against some comments from those that have gone back to the standard software. I do hope the dedication to make this a more than average box continues.

i u use the built in "manage extensions" in spaze and rsi images, plugins install from root.
maybe it looks in both.

ManikM
01-12-2011, 12:05 AM
I've tried every single one since day one of e2
to be honest i was very happy with RC4 and sifteam at that time as it had the best picture quality
from then and on all the images are getting better by the number but...

all the PB images are good, little bugs , but the HD picture is bad
the rsi images are very stable little bugs and the picture is fair
spaze very good lot of good stuff also HD picture is fair
RTI 1.4 very stable very little bugs and picture is a little better

i would say there is no different from rsi and spaze, both amazing picture quality!!!