PDA

View Full Version : Can't get started

Tryharder
01-12-2011, 06:10 PM
The family have just bought me a Clark-tech and i have just put it in place of my motorised eagle box.

I have followed the idiots guide...It came with an Image and channel list on it from GW...

The problem i have is that i just can't get ANY picture..I put my dish on 28.2e first...replace the box...switch on at the back and it says STARTING....then it says LOADING on the screen and 2hrs later it is still saying LOADING ..........Iif i press ok a box appears and says DVB service...but no signal.......... and a box comes up and says...service not available check Tuner configuration which i have done as per the Idiots guide and then NOTHING.....with on screen showing..

OPENVIX (highlighted)

XTREND..

ET-9000....

and still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please could someone give me a clue?

rgds.Tryharder

hda5
01-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Check you have connected the LNB to tuner A input and not the loopthrough. It goes in the top input.

Check the tuner configuration menu to see the tuner is configured correctly for your dish.

Tryharder
01-12-2011, 06:43 PM
I have the LNB connected to the top left as you look at the back of the box LNB 1 in.....the Tuner A is on advanced....28.2 LNB1 Universal LNB...diseqC 1.2 ( should this be 1.1 ?) and i have set 28.2 at position 1 with 19.2e position 2 etc.

Tryharder

hda5
01-12-2011, 07:28 PM
OK the LNB input is fine.

Are you using a motorised dish or fixed dish?

If it's motorised what type of motor are you using? is it a diseqc motor?

Tryharder
01-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Yes mate it's a motorised set up..I copied the Sat positions off my Eagle and put them on the clarktech according to the HOWTO except for me position 1 is 28e not 19.2e..

rgds.Tryharder

sorry...yes it is a diseqc motor

hda5
01-12-2011, 07:47 PM
OK you might find it's easier to set-up the dish using USALS.

Reconnect your Eaglebox and send your dish to 1 west. Then disconnect the eagle and reconnect your ET9000.

Now follow the instructions below from the dummies guide at https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?147199-Dummies-guide-to-setting-up-Clarke-Tech-ET9000-HD

3. How to Setup Motor (https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/Motors-and-Positioners/)ised Dish using USALS

First get your longitude & latitude info from _http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm

Enter your post code into satsig.net and you'll get the correct LON & LAT info for your location.

Example if I enter the following UK postal code: SE1 6JZ into _http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm

I get the following LAT & LON:
Latitude: 51.4979°
NORTH
Longitude: -0.1042°
WEST

Press Menu
Select Setup Press OK
Select Service searching Press OK
Select Tuner configuration Press OK
Select Tuner A Press OK

Configuration Mode: Simple
Mode: Positioner
Latitude: 51.497 Press OK
NORTH
Longitude: 0.104 Press OK
WEST

Press OK to save.

Now select a satellite and the dish should move.

Tryharder
01-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Ok done all that mate and just got the Openvix image on the screen saying LOADING when bring up the channel list/program guide it just lists <n/a> ,n/a> etc.............................. .................

nothing when i reconnect my eagle i get a picture...could it be that the Image Lee put on it is corrupt in some way ....surely it shouldn't be saying LOADING continuously???

thanks for your time by the way...

rgds.Tryharder

jeffdmlover
01-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Sounds to me like you need to reload a channel list.
I sometimes get this.

Use dreambox edit and stick a new channel list on.

Is list greyed out?

Tryharder
01-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Another point that may help is that if I press OK twice on the remote the program guide comes up on the side of the screen...But if I select 28.2e for eg. then i just get a list of <n/a> all the way down...Then if I select say 19.2e the same thing happens...Just a long list of <n/a> <n/a> instead of channels....I used the Control Centre and uploaded another channel list by catseye but i end up with exactly the same result although it says that it is overwriting the existing list etc.......So where are the channels????
It has got to be something simple but i have no idea what......It keeps saying the Tuner is not configured.!!

rgds.Tryharder

Tryharder
01-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Yes mate it is althogh this afternoon there was 1 program on...One of them auction things on BBC but when i selected it,,It wouldn't come on................If i use Dreamset do I just change the password etc.??

rgds.Tryharder

Sounds to me like you need to reload a channel list.
I sometimes get this.

Use dreambox edit and stick a new channel list on.

Is list greyed out?

hda5
02-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Remember once you've reloaded a new channel list you'll need to reboot the receiver again.

It's normal for the ViX loading screen to remain on the screen until the box has booted up and a channel has been selected.

Tryharder
05-12-2011, 01:26 PM
OK...i tried everything sugested and got nowhere..
So as suggested i tried to write a channel list with Setedit..I managed to connect to the box and it erased the previous channel list. Then it started lo load the new one it began to say ..Failed to write...Failed to write..and so on!!! anyway i re-booted the box and BBC1 came on!!!result a picture!!!

I then did a manual scan for the FTA channels on 28e which again worked fine....I then decided to add some satelites taking care to put them in the same position as on my Eagle..I selected Tuner Config..Advanced Usals..manualy drove the dish to 19e which i found and saved..did the same with 16e 13e 10e 4.8e and 0.8w ........I then wrote a catseyes channel list to the box using the DCC and re-booted the box....
Pressed UP on the remote and the little box came up..Tuner not configured!!!!!!

I then went to 0.8w and tried using USALS to move the dish but when i selected 0 the box moved about 5'o to the east ( I think the motor needs zeroing but I don't know how you do it) Even though i wrote the channel list to the box..NO channels apart from the 28e ones appear..........

I have tried every setting in the Tuner Config I can think of...I can get signals on every Satellite I have selected but when i try to scan for more channels I get NOTHING FOUND!!!!!

So I have made progress in that i have got 28e up and running but don't seem to be able to ADD anymore Sats. I can't use USALS to add the Satellites because I think the motor thinks the 0 setting is about 5oe of THOR...........Sorry for the slow reply but i am limited at the moment to time to have a go at it...

Thanks again for the help..

rgds. Tryharder

Tryharder
08-12-2011, 07:35 PM
I have continued to pull my hair out...
.I have found every satellite i have mentioned in my previous post...I have done a MULTISCAN and the dish moved to each satellite and successfully downloaded channels from each sat.

I re-boot the box select BBC1 and it comes on...I have selected a channel on 19e and it also has come on (although a box comes on and says Tuned Failed!)

I have managed to get a picture on Hotbird but then every thing fails.....If i drive the dish via the POSITIONER menu i find the Sats. but if i exit the menu and select a channel then nothing comes on!!!!!!!!!!my head is a shed...

Please could someone post the Tuner settings for a motorised dish WITHOUT using USALS......I enable 30w...1ow...4.8e....10e...13e.... 16e...19.2e and 28.2e......

I Have a signal on EVERYONE of those satellites and they are stored for eg..Pos.1 Lnb1... Pos.2...Lnb2...Pos.3...Lnb3 and so on.....

If i DO need to use USALS does the dish have to be on 1ow to begin with?

I would be grateful for any assistance.......PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEE EEEEEEE

Rgds.Tryharder

Tryharder
11-12-2011, 03:22 PM
OK...Latest update....Iv'e cracked the case.........

My thanks go to Scallywag for a post in the Dreambox section on Toes.........How to set up a Motorised Dreambox...NOT using USALS...

I followed it to the letter and still struggled...

.The ONE thing missing was that i needed to set TUNER B to '' Not Configured '' and everything then worked correctly................I have since connected my S*Y dish to TUNER B and set it to Simple>Single Satellite> 28.2 Astra> No diseqC and my Motorised is connected to TUNER A

I hope this will save anyone else trying to set up a Twin Tuner Box many hours of hair pulling effin and jeffin:winner-019:

rgds.Tryharder