PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive Play back Problem

Burnham
06-12-2011, 03:29 PM
I am trying to test a hard drive in an AZBox Premium with RSi. RSI is in the DOM and the original hard drive is working ok. The reason for putting another hard drive in the AZbox is to test that hard drive before it goes into another receiver.

The hard drive under test is an old Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.10. At first RSi refused to initialise this hard drive (hard drive was freshly NTFS formatted). I then initialized the hard drive in a linux media box, and on the second try in the AZbox the initialisation process completed as normal. The hard drive is recognised with 499.74 GB free space and I am able to record programs onto the hard drive.

But it won't play anything - it does nothing and just freezes the box. I can copy the .ts file onto my PC and the file plays ok on the PC.

The only idea I have is that the AZBox e2 images put some marker in the hard drive when the image is loaded. Anyone with a better idea of what causes the problem?

Burnham
06-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Update: I put original hard drive back in and got the same problem - it would not play any recorded files. It was working ok before.

My guess is that the RSi image gets corrupted in the process of taking out the old hard drive and putting a new hard drive in. As far as I can see all the other functions in the box are ok - the only problem is playing back recordings.

Blagi
06-12-2011, 10:09 PM
MC was my main objection to RSI...