PDA

View Full Version : signal problems

pau1777
09-12-2011, 04:37 PM
I have a 1m motorised dish at the bottom of my garden that I have had for about 6 years.
Over the past 4 weeks I have noticed that the picture seems to break up a lot even on FTA channels.
When I check the signal seems to fluctuate from full normal signal to nothing and then back again. I am also getting lots of errors.
I have tried both my dm800 and my spiderbox. The dm800 is significantly worse than the spiderbox for picture breakup. But the spider does it too.

I have tried adjusting the satellite position getting full signal but this does not seem to help the picture still breaks up. It is absolutely unwatchable if there is the slightest wind.

What do I need to check for? Could the LNB be developing a fault or is there something else I need to look at?
Thanks for any help.

Mickha
09-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Check all the cable connections, especially at the dish, for signs of water ingress, and check the cable for any signs of damage, if it's not that then it's a good chance that your LNB is failing, have you tried different channels, with different polarities, Horizontal and Vertical? Often a failing LNB will give channels on one but not the other.

pau1777
09-12-2011, 09:00 PM
I will check my cables tomorrow.I will also check the lnb for any water damage. When I checked before there was some moss growing on the side which I took off, but still having the signal problems!!
Thanks for the help mate.

dog-man
09-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Is it just some channels or all of them?

If just some, don't suppose you have a dect phone in the house?

If yes, switch it off at the mains and see if the fault is still there.

dog-man