PDA

View Full Version : err;0x71

stevew
11-12-2011, 01:16 PM
hi,was trying to put update on the box but noe have the code err;ox71 only showing,have tried new firmware on usb but box wont read,happened b4 and was told to do serial recovery which worked but ive forgotten how to do this.ive got the box and pc connected with null cable what next ,thanks

echelon
11-12-2011, 01:22 PM
hi,was trying to put update on the box but noe have the code err;ox71 only showing,have tried new firmware on usb but box wont read,happened b4 and was told to do serial recovery which worked but ive forgotten how to do this.ive got the box and pc connected with null cable what next ,thanks

all in the tools section

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?144965-Porter-Express

stevew
11-12-2011, 01:30 PM
ive got the porter page on screen but what file goes into the blank space is it driver genius,sorry

echelon
11-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I would think its the firmware , or the bootloader

I have no idea why you have brought up driver genius

buck401
11-12-2011, 01:38 PM
An .ird file either the flash cleaner or the latest f/w 1,09.90

Power off the box select download on Porter Express and then power up the box and wait until the process is complete.

stevew
11-12-2011, 01:38 PM
have an old pc with a null fitting and the only file i could see on it was drgenius but thats nothing to do with the icecrypt then. is there a post showing step by step how to do serial recovery and using the newest firmware. ta

echelon
11-12-2011, 01:41 PM
have an old pc with a null fitting and the only file i could see on it was drgenius but thats nothing to do with the icecrypt then. is there a post showing step by step how to do serial recovery and using the newest firmware. ta

do your own search on this forum if you want to see previous porter express instructions

but you are best to follow the instructions issued in post #5

or the ones now added to the porter express file

stevew
11-12-2011, 02:01 PM
is the file p-module.dll what i put to download in the porter box,also sorry for being stupid does my old pc that im using have to be connected to internet or when it says download is it transfering to satbox

echelon
11-12-2011, 02:06 PM
leave the dll in the same folder as porter express , and open the exe file porter express

it is the flash cleaner , or bootloader , or patched firmware .ird files you are loading into the file box for loading into the icecrypt

no it doesnt need an internet connection , unless you wish to download the files from here using it

or just get all the files onto a usb stick , and transfer to the old pc first , no need for internet then

stevew
11-12-2011, 02:34 PM
hi,thanks all its working now,reason i messed with it in the first place is that my nascam channels had scrambled around 3pm yeserday although the server was still connected the box is still showing scrambled on the paid channels now and ive still 133 days left on the nascam! its not my box or internet so maybe the server has gone/problems .

ManikM
08-01-2012, 06:57 PM
i had this, using porter express, and serial cable and latest ori firmware, sorted it out.