PDA

View Full Version : Lost all signals

Photoman
15-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Hi guys, as I'm not as knowledgable as most on here, hopefully someone will have the answer.

My box was working fine ( less gift ) up until yesderday, when I've lost everthing ... can't locate a sat and when I request one that I know the position of, ie 28.2e, the dish goes so far east that it's pointing to my next door neighbours house. It was working fine after the latest storms, so the obvious, Knocked out of line, doesn't seem to fit. There is not a signal from any of the sats even when inching through the arc east to west. Another strange thing is before installing the fix for the f100 I was getting, I was set up for usals, after the fix could only locate and scan using DisEqc. Maybe a coincidence but still strange .. to me at least.

I know you guys will have the answer ( most probably an obvious one ) so I would appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Pm

EXTRAFACTO
15-12-2011, 11:25 AM
have you tried sending your dish to center point,(0)store it then from there select a sat...and try pull in channels
in menu...select motor...then come down to command...select goto center...from there select a sat...

Photoman
15-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi mate, yes just tried that in DisEqc and Usals, nothing on 28.2

clubman
15-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi I had the same problem. I did this motor setup usal then to command to limit of.
Press green button to set your log and lat.
This worked for me hope it helps.
clubman

EXTRAFACTO
15-12-2011, 11:54 AM
if you can get to your dish easily...try looking under motor to see if its showing it is on 0...when you select goto center...it maybe overshooting...which will throw everything out...try this with limit set to off as clubman states
under my motor(darkmotor)i have east and west buttons...so if mine was not going true 0...i could manually nudge it to 0...and then store that...then send to sat of choice
if you are on 0...and sending to sat and not getting signal...its posible your lnb needs replaceing...plus check cables and fittings

Photoman
15-12-2011, 11:58 AM
That don't work either. If I select Usals dish goes ****ing off far east, DisEqc holds position but can't locate sat.

EXTRAFACTO
15-12-2011, 12:03 PM
did you check your long and lat are correct...select motor...turn off limit...press green button...your long and lat should be there...if not put them in and save

Photoman
15-12-2011, 12:19 PM
The motor is dead on "0" and the long and lat is good, all connections are sound, so as you say, it could be the lnb ... As a matter of interest would that effect the Usals and DisEsq.

satwyn
15-12-2011, 02:18 PM
no i think not on 0 position you probably will be on 1w and if you have no channels check all cables and lnb also if possible try another receiver but it could be the dish has moved if so from 0 position you will need to locate intel 1w by adjusting the dish on the pole a good quality meter will help but try all other options before you move the dish outside

goonner
15-12-2011, 03:10 PM
this might sound daft but have you reentered your lat and long the right way round, i have done that ie entered my long in lat and lat in long
hope that makes sense and hope that helps

keith mawer
15-12-2011, 03:13 PM
photoman i really hope it starts working,,,
last year i got a vbox. so that drives my dish NOt the spider driving it,,

Photoman
15-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Long and Lat are fine, can't check cables ou side at the moment as it's just started raining. Visualy all seems fine and connections to the box are good.
Can't understand why it's completely losing signal, unless it is a lnb failure.
Don't want to call out the sat guy yet, as it will cost £60 just to put a ladder against the wall.
My problem is that I'm not that Knowledgable with sats, I'm more of a tune it in and turn it on type of enthusiast.
That doesn't mean that I can't learn tho'

Pm

Wossname
15-12-2011, 07:28 PM
A spare LNB is invaluable. These days they are cheap so there's no excuse.
I was going to suggest a manual motor re-set but you don't say what motor you have ?
Also are you getting no signal at all even via disecq tweaking then maybe LNB is gone but that won't explain why motor has a life of its own on usals.
usually a re-set cures that.

Photoman
15-12-2011, 07:43 PM
The Usals thing started first when I tweaked to get some missing channels. After that I had the f100 message and after the "fix" could only get a few sats on DisEsq.
Gift gone but I have a Sealion so wasn't too bothered about missing sats. Now I can't get anything at all. Beats the crap out of me.

Pm

corporates
15-12-2011, 07:44 PM
If using diseqc go into motor setup, make sure theat it says Motor diseqc 1.2 and not off. Check the satellite is 28.2e, if not then select it.
Then go down to frequency and select the one below.
10802H, 22000

Look at other peoples dishes so you know the general direction your dish should be pointing and drive the dish east or west depending upon which way you want to go.

The Signal level will appear and the quality level; will appear, both somewhere on 90%, use drive step to get maximum signal, then move up to command and store the position.

Now check to see what you have, if you are on the correct satellite you will have bbc one north west using that frequency.

If you are using diseqc you will have to manually tweak each satellite.

Also, if you used the fix tool after f100 then you need to load the patch after, and also load your channel list back in, this will restore everything, assuming you backed it up?If using usals ensure you have correct lat and long in.

Then If you have a usb backup then press fn2 on the remote and reload the file stb_DB.UDB....Its the channel list only.the file around 572kb.

To enable network extras go to network and press 1111.

Photoman
15-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Went to frequency as suggested, getting 85% signal strength but no quality signal. The box has been working fine for over a week after the f100 fix so everythings been reloaded and switched back on. I have an old sly dish on the wall along side the motorised one, so can get a reasonable alignment for 28.2E.
Will order a new lnb from sponsors cos it's looking more and more like the problem ... unless anybody knows different.

Pm

Actually if I'm getting any signal strength the lnb must be working ... yes?

satwyn
15-12-2011, 08:26 PM
signal strength and no quality usially means you're on the wrong sat

Photoman
15-12-2011, 08:35 PM
I suppose under normal cir***stances it would mean the wrong sat, but I'm not getting any quality from any sat, even when inching from east to west.

Pm

corporates
15-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Went to frequency as suggested, getting 85% signal strength but no quality signal. The box has been working fine for over a week after the f100 fix so everythings been reloaded and switched back on. I have an old sly dish on the wall along side the motorised one, so can get a reasonable alignment for 28.2E.
Will order a new lnb from sponsors cos it's looking more and more like the problem ... unless anybody knows different.

Pm

Actually if I'm getting any signal strength the lnb must be working ... yes?

The signal quality bar should turn green. The quality bar should turn blue.
If you are not lined up the signal strength will show a signal level but will be red.

Whilst moving the dish, get someone to confirm it is definetly moving.I ask this because i personally found the cable going into the motor broken twice in the past as it was catching on the clamp.

Photoman
15-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Of course your right ... signal bar is red, it's been a long day.

Pm

BOOGIBEAR
15-12-2011, 08:52 PM
if yer got a skybox conect it to the 28 east see if yer get a picture

Photoman
15-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Don't have a skybox Boogie, just an old dish on the wall that I havn't got round to removing (12 years )

Pm

Photoman
16-12-2011, 10:39 AM
New day ... I've had a look at the motor and it's a technomate.The light on it for the reciever is green flickering to red ... I pressed the reset, but nothing changed.
I've no idea what I'm doing, so all ideas will be appreciated.

Pm

Photoman
16-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Got it sorted ... quick phone call to the satguy, 60 quid, hey presto, all back again.

The gales must have loosend the clamps. He reset it all. Oh well, no beer tonight.

Pm

corporates
16-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Glad your sorted mate :) :cheers2:

EXTRAFACTO
16-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Yeah glad you sorted...think of it this way
£60 spent on drink...good at the time...ends up down toilet...wake up with hangover
£60 spent sorting out your dish,endless hours of tv
oh well im off down the pub...lol

2colby
16-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah glad you sorted...think of it this way
£60 spent on drink...good at the time...ends up down toilet...wake up with hangover
£60 spent sorting out your dish,endless hours of tv
oh well im off down the pub...lol

You know how to make a man suffer!!

mister-t
16-12-2011, 09:15 PM
you say you have an old sky dish on the wall,is it usable?if so put that on spider and see if you get any channels
also in usuals after input of numbers have you got right bearing in,for example my location is 001.0w 50.0n,what i am trying to explain is longtitude is west for me you have not got those mixed up
maybe set it as east? or latitude set as south,easilly done

ah well seems i posted to late

mister-t

Photoman
16-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks to everyone for the input, glad it's sorted aswell, footy at the weekend.
BTW ... only kidding about the beer ...

Cheers all

Pm