PDA

View Full Version : A bit confused

finestrat
17-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Just about got everything set up. Want to activate gift, I've looked through a lot of posts trying to find the procedure but I dont seem to be having much luck. I went into client setup after entering 1111 in the network menu and choosing ethernet. Connection status just shows connecting but nothing seems to be happening. Can somebody point to the right thread for setting the gift up. I've got the latest software installed and I'm using a wireless device which has been set up on the computer.

carshalton
17-12-2011, 05:30 PM
You said in one of your other posts that the box was over a year old.If that is the case the gift has probably expired.

finestrat
17-12-2011, 05:41 PM
The box was bought as new (maybe in stock for a while) So if the gift won't work I better get in touch with the supplier. They are a company I've dealt with many times without any problems. The only reason I didn't buy it from Lee (sponsors) was that he let me have it for £150. Maybe he knew the gift had expired but I doubt it.

finestrat
17-12-2011, 06:18 PM
I thought maybe I had to enter the router ip into the ip settings so I put them in manually but it said not connected so I changed it back to auto but its still saying not connected. When I first went into ethernet it said connecting but nothing happened. I would have thought that if the box had never been registered it would still be classed as new, its not as if I've been using it for a year. Do you think if I can get the connection working again it might eventually register?

Clutching at straws!!

finestrat
17-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Just re-reading some posts. Maybe I'm doing this wrong. I've loaded the latest firmware but am I supposed to load another patch as well to enable the gift?

hornet
17-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Go to your system informatiom menu if it says anything other than Ver 01.20.RM ! Then your ethernet has expired mate an wont connect !

finestrat
17-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Yes it says v0.1.20RM PTC(ok)

corporates
17-12-2011, 07:18 PM
That hardware version should be ok, so long as you are inside a year.

Have you assigned an I.P to the spiderbox?

Have you given the spiderbox a static IP in your router?
Or is the router assigning it?

I would recommend giving it a static IP in the router, make sure it is the same as what you have piut in the spiderbox.

Also, within your router, have you assigned it to only connect by mac address?
If so, then add the mac address to the router.

When you try to connect to ethernet is the mac address showing?

Have you configured the network settings in the spiderbox?
Regards
Corporates

corporates
17-12-2011, 07:33 PM
In your spider

Press menu
Go to Netwotk
Then down to Network " ip setup" press ok
you will see network setting, it may be on auto.
You should see IP address...should be something like 192.168.001.002 that last three digits of this is the IP address the spiderbox has been given by your router if on auto.
subnet mask should say 255.255.255.000
Gateway will usually say 192.168.001.001
1st DNS is usually same as gateway if on auto, 2nd doesnt matter.

Then you should see mac address, take a note of this and keep it in a safe place.

If your router only allows access by Mac address then you will need to enter this in your router.
You can assign your spiderbox IP address inside the router to something like 192.168.001.004 it will always stay the same then, so long as no other devices on your router network don't already have this IP address.

You can also do a manual setup in spiderbox.

If you find this still confusing then try think of it this way:

The spiderbox IP is really like a name you give it, but you have to let the router know the name so they can talk.Static IP

If you let the router talk without telling the router the name then so long as the spider network Ip is on auto then the router will gaive it a name it wants to, assigning an ip address by DHCP.

Your router may also have a safeguard by only allowing known IP to connect, but in adition it may also only connect to a device whos MAC address is already known.

The mac address is in network settings of ip setup in spiderbox, allow this in the router then it will be fine.

After all this, try ethernet again and see if it connects.

This might seem long winded but i don't know how much you do or don't understand.
Regards
Corporates

corporates
17-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Also, double check your mac address in spiderbox menu is the same as the one on the sticker, the sticker can be found if you look through the top vents at the rear on top of the box.

If you have front facing you, then look in rear left.

When you are in network it should show ethernet...
Not service+.....just pointing that out in case someone else mentions it as service+ would mean you are on an old patch.
There was a mandatory patch not long ago for ethernet.

I hope this post helps you finestrat.If not then maybe it will help others.

Regards
Corporates

corporates
17-12-2011, 08:00 PM
You said in one of your other posts that the box was over a year old.If that is the case the gift has probably expired.

It has expired on boxes with the older hardware, but Boxer26 has stated that boxes with the newer hardware will be taken off ethernet as time goes on.